Those darn hackers, gone and done it again, this hack has been out a week now and already is gaining momentum, its only a matter of time till we get an all-in-one tool…
In case you didnt already know, within 4 days of the Mini NES being launched hackers already tapped away at it and got Linux Running on the NES Mini, which means within a month or two there will be a totally re-written front end and the ability to load other emulators and play other roms (obviously!).
HOW TO ADD MORE GAMES TO YOUR NES MINI
You must have already had a game save for Super Mario Bros, in the first slot.
1. Install driver with zadig.
(Fel mode is activated by holding down reset while switching on power button – http://linux-sunxi.org/FEL)
2. Using Hakchi dump uboot and kernel from your nes. uboot should have md5 b13b538f6b7c86623ceea69c456d4eb5, if it’s not, it might be unsafe to continue. 8ce1857653874e8f0cd3fe68abe1bb4a and 9b8046b47c947d9fa322976c038003e0 also confirmed to work.
3. Prepare roms – with nesmini shell, rom is a directory, not a file. (use nesromtool)
you need a rom, image, and optional *.desktop file. it’s a text file you can edit.
4. Place rom dirs in
nesromtool will do this for you if you unpack it in nesromtool subdir of hakci-gui tree
5. unpack kernel / repack kernel
6. Do a memboot, nes will shutdown, switch it to fel mode again.
7. Flash kernel <- do this ONLY ONCE. there is no need to ever do it again. until custom kernels appear that is.
If there is a save in first slot of Super Mario Bros. it will load mod, otherwise it will load stock shell.
You also get getty on uart interface, but there isn’t much use in it if you don’t have uart soldered.
DISCLAIMER: ONLY YOU are responsible for any damage you might inflict upon your nesmini
Latest posts by Arcade Punk (see all)
- 1TB Arcade and Console LOADED Renegade PC Attract Mode Download from The PiPiggies - November 18, 2017
- Operation Ghost – Arcade Rip Running On TeknoParrot 1.06 - November 16, 2017
- 64gb French RecalBox Image “EmulBox” for Pi 3 from StevenC - November 16, 2017