Reaver has just made public TeknoParrot 1.0 – the man is a god! TeknoParrot is a kind of front-end/emulator for actual arcade rips – dedicated to games that currently dont/wont work or have not been released for MAME
TeknoParrot 1.0 “THE BIG BABY”
Changes in TeknoParrot 1.0 Public Build:
– Complete recode of the entire DLL.
– Initial D6 stability fixes
– Sega Rally 3 / Ford Racing bindable buttons for DirectInput and XInput
– Major JVS emulation improvements and bug fixes.
– Namco JVS stack now supported for Namco games in future.
– Major improvements in RingEdge emulation:
* Dipswitches now 100% emulated.
* EEPROM now mapped and structured.
* Game data section of EEPROM now is saved on the game folder for players to make save hacks.
* Physical PCB Test / Service switches are now emulated.
* config.ini now let’s you set various hardware settings for RingWide/RingEdge games.
* NOTE: NETWORKING DOES NOT FUNCTION YET FOR RING GAMES!!!!
Default Keyboard Controls
P1 Start: 1
P1 Directions: Arrows
P1 Button 1-6: Insert, Home, Page Up, Delete, End, Page Down
P2 Start: 2
P2 Directions: WASD
P2 Button 1-6: TYUGHJ
– Sega Racing Classic only works properly on AMD GPUs on NVIDIA you will have corrupted textures.
-> Use Game Loader All Rh to help with issue.
– Initial D6AA doesn’t work on my AMD GPU.
-> Get id6logger to help with the issue: https://github.com/avail/idLogger
– Sega Racing Classic will freeze completely if you try to enable linked play (Missing amNetwork emulation)
-> amNetwork emulation coming soon!
– Keyboard controls are not working for Sega Racing Classics
-> You can fix this by downloading DumbJvsBrain source and enabling it from code comments. And Improve it
– Only maximum of 2 player on Virtua Tennis 4, coming soon 4 player support (Linked JVS emulation)
-> Maybe some day when I am bored.
– Virtua Tennis 4
– Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code (Including 1.07)
– Sega Racing Classic
– Let’s Go Island
– Sega Sonic All-Stars Racing Arcade
– Sega Dream Raiders
– Initial D6AA
– Golden Gun
– Ford Racing
– Sega Rally 3
– .NET 4.5.2
– Dumped arcade game files
– com0com signed files (see our forum for tutorial)
1. Install com0com from: https://code.google.com/archive/p/powersdr-iq/downloads
2. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING, JUST INSTALL IT!
3. Extract TeknoParrot package to any directory, NOT GAME DIRECTORY!
4. Run DumbJVSManager.exe
5. You will be required to put the settings for the first time. (joystick etc)
6. Use Autosetup to set the com0com settings
7. Press Test JVS Emulation to make sure it works!
8. Save settings
9. Set game directories with DumbJvsSettings.exe and save.
10. Play the games, optionally click “Test” to enter test menu.
11. Have fun.
Our community of course!
King of Spain for his life time of work with the arcades.
King of Austria for his excellent work on Lindbergh and other emulators.
Anyone else I forgot to mention whose work has helped me in the past and the future.
Forum Thread : https://teknogods.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=38678
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS “AS IS” AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
Latest posts by Arcade Punk (see all)
- Launchbox No Intro Collection American Laser Games inc fix- Colpipes1978 - June 20, 2018
- Launchbox No Intro Neo Geo CD including fixes- Colpipes1978 - June 20, 2018
- Official HyperPie 2 3B+ Version 2.3.5 Beta from Project HyperPie - June 13, 2018