YouTuber Kio ÐÎÊKÎÑ got in touch to share his latest image, VENOM, a build designed for a 1tb SSD drive plugged in to your Raspberry Pi4 (4gb/8gb) and the Pi400, a solid built image built on the latest Supreme Ultra Base with a ton of custom add-ons and modifications.
- Retropie Base Supreme Ultra
- 625gbs 1Tb Class Recommended SSD
- 4 custom mixed Audio Soundtracks I Created Including my Arcade mix Ambient Sounds.
- 16 Custom Made Splash Screens Edited with Adobe After Effects Element 3d & Adobe Premiere
- 4 New custom Themes.
- KDK Venom Theme Has Custom scrolling Sound Effects with 4 alternate sounds you can select and Modify with Venom sound effects
- Supreme 1Up Custom game Selections from Arcade1up from my Previous build
- 176 Light Gun Game Collections Largest compiled Light gun game list on a Pi Device
- One of the largest Arcade PI sets increased from typically 2200 games to 2865 Now Including some rare hard to find bootleg games and arcade modified roms.
- High Definition/ After Effects Rendered Marquee Videos and Splash marquee Videos. Activated using the Supreme marquee Tool.
- Diggz Xenon Kodi Build Preinstalled, Stream Tv Movies Etc Etc Digital Arcade Pinball Games. (not the Zen Studios kind but the basic type)
- VideoOutput resolution is defaulted to 720p with autodetection on. This helps with better game performance on redream and n64 games. And harder to run emulated games.
- 95 Custom made Video Loading Screens Arcade1up ready With Video Output Script preinstalled.
- Pikiss and other apps installed on pixel desktop with windows 10 interface
- Sinden Light Gun 1.04 software preinstalled (You still need to configure your gun)
- Aimtrack Software installed (setup required)
Multiplayer Preset Games
One of the things that makes this image stand out is a personalised hand picked “KDK Beat-em Up Collection” with a large library of 3,4,6 player games with double copies of ROMs 2/3/4/6 player variants already setup for you in Dip Settings. Whatever cab setup you have no need to configure any further its already been done for you and added. Including Final Fight Anniversary Edition!! 3 Players which typically isn’t installed on any Pi rom Set. Aliens VS Predator 3 player access already activated. 2/4/6 player X-men variants and the Japanese rom.
DRIVES AND CADDIES/CABLES
OK, So there are numerous potential issues with running via a USB cable adaptor and also some dependence on what SSD Drive you have.
Basic rule of thumb, a KNOWN GOOD brand of drive (Every Sandisk we have thrown at it works) , and a decent 3.1 USB SATA Adaptor/adapter cable (plugged in to the bottom Blue USB next to the Network plug) , here are a couple of links to known working ones
SET UP YOUR RASPBERRY PI 4
You need to update your Pi 4 and update the eeprom (or at least check its up to date) before you even plug a SSD drive into it, you will need to connect your Pi to the internet to do this either via WIRED or WIRELESS LAN for this we recommend either using a pre existing image you use and exiting EmulationStation to the command prompt (press start, then quit, then exit EmulationStation) and then setting up your Wireless network.
The video below shows the complete process to get your Pi ready for SSD booting and playing SSD images from SSD drive – this involves downloading a fresh Raspberry Pi O/S from the official source with the downloader (HERE) and setting the Pi up, as well as all the commands to do so – if you already have a PI IMAGE RUNNING ON SD CARD on the PI 4 then exit EmulationStation and follow it from PART 2 of the video (1 minute and 22 secs in) – remembering to exit EmulationStation again after rebooting to continue the process.
LOGIN/PASSWORD FOR STANDARD RASPBERRY PI OS
If you are not using the standard Raspberry Pi OS prompt – the login/password credentials may differ (so once installed it will be login = pi password = supremeteam )
SET UP YOUR PI TO BOOT FROM SSD
EXTRACT THE RAR ARCHIVE
This image is downloaded in multiple rar parts, you will need WINRAR installed to extract them (yes other programs such as 7zip may work – but this was created with the new RAR4 format which really should be handled by winrar!) – You will need to extract them by simply RIGHT clicking on the first file and EXTRACTING ALL
Download WINRAR HERE (2nd one down x64 bit 6.0)
BURN IMAGE TO SSD
Firstly, you cant just go burning ANY image to the SSD, it MUST BE CREATED FOR SSD booting, so please don’t think your downloaded images from MicroSD card are going to boot up – they could do with some tinkering but for now lets learn how to burn a IMG to SSD – if you use WIN32DISKIMAGER you already know how , its the same process as to Micro SD card…
Download Win32DiskImager HERE
You are all set to go , boot up and enjoy!
Available on TORRENT or NZB (Usenet) – Highly advise using USENET to download this, it’ll come SCREAMING down your line if you use one of our approved UseNet suppliers – see this page for more information. Note if your usenet (nzb) client is claiming there is a password then you need to use a different client – we DO NOT share password protected archives unless otherwise informed.
PROBLEM DOWNLOADING THE TORRENT? This is a big download and some torrent clients may report unsupported torrent type, use TIXATI as your torrent download client as it will read the bigger chunks.