This is one epic retro gaming image. I am blown away with how many games, systems, and customization put into it! Nintendo, sega, atari, and more. Nintend 64, dreamcast, snes, genesis, computer systems, portables of my!!!! Works with the Raspberry pi 3 B and 3 B +. Any Pi 3 board! Wifi and Bluetooth works!
In the video we do an overview and show you how to setup one small fix and dreamcast controls – everything else should be good to go! Most of image works with controller not keybaord.
Download size: 195 GB (209,666,973,833 bytes)
Image size: 230 GB (247,864,610,816 bytes)
First off…. thanks for downloading this beast and I hope you all enjoy! I try my hardest to make these images as stress free as possible, and as compatible with ROMs as possible. The tears and sweat (more than blood thankfully) was worth it, I feel. Wanted to make a well balanced computer and console based image (as it’s my first). Please be gentle. 😉
This is an emulationstation only image. It’s a lot more friendly if you’re doing anything with computer based systems as well. I will eventually be doing a smaller Attract Mode image only at some point for those that have barcades and such. For starters, this image is defaulted for the Raspberry Pi 3B+ as it’s overclocked. If you want to use it for your Pi 3B, please see the overclock removal process below. (I would recommend upgrading to a Pi 3B+, if possible. It’s a nice boost!)
**PLEASE NOTE** – This is running the suggested safe overclock from ETA Prime by default and has been stable as I had my Raspberry Pi 3B+ running for a full week straight without shutdown with emulationstation active. I did not experience any crashes with it for the record (or issues) from the overclock. If you decide to play with the overclock settings, I am not responsible for damages. Just wanted to put it out there that this had no issues (or temperature issues with appropriate cooling).
There is a decent performance increase with N64 and PSP with it. It’s not perfect but until we have a Pi 4 (and emulation is updated with time), it’s all we have for now unless you have an Odroid, honestly.
If you’d rather not overclock, you can:
1) F4 to the command line from emulationstation
2) cd /boot
3) sudo nano config.txt
4) Scroll near the bottom and either remove the overclock settings (or place a # in front of each line)
5) Ctrl-X and yes to save
6) sudo reboot
COMPUTER BASED SYSTEMS AND ROMS
– For anything that is a computer platform, you will need a keyboard and mouse. I have a some computer based systems set up with libretro based emulators such as C64 and DOSbox. C64 works completely with the controller as does MSX and MSX 2.
– You may have to switch from lr-dosbox to dosbox as some games do not seem to like it as it’s still considered experimental. If you feel comfortable just sticking with DOSbox, it’s actually recommended. I kept it lr-dosbox as you can do the normal exit with the controller.
– For PC games, usually choose the title of the game to get started. Everything installed was already pre-ripped so I just installed to a directory. My apologies as scraping these is next to impossible due to having so many files in each folder.
– For Amiga, you can F12 to the menu and quit the emulator from there. Such a great system! This image uses LHA files which includes multiple disks in one image and autoboots with the Amiberry emulator. (Big shoutout to David Marti for the recommendation!)
– For ScummVM, you can usually save your game and use Control-F4 (or F5, I believe) to escape if the game does not have an exit option.
– If you cannot escape from a certain computer based emulator using start-select, you can either try Control-C or an F key (i.e. F-12) or Escape. Other than ones mentioned above.
– Commodore 64 has a virtual keyboard by pressing a main button on your controller. To activate the mouse portion of it to select what you need on the keyboard, press Select first.
You can also use your keyboard attached to your Pi as well, if it’s easier for you.
-Also, press Start to bring up the menu to switch joystick ports as needed and select to activate the mouse with your analog.
Some games use port 1 or port 2 from the get go.
-It’s already been set up to fast load games btw. 🙂 No more crazy wait times like the old days.
CONSOLE SYSTEMS AND ROMS
– I went through mostly everything by hand (mostly top titles for each system and well known) to make sure it all works and plays well with your controller. Usually the longest process for me in regards to these images.
– Sega CD works as tested as well from the get go (if wondering). I removed many of the full motion video games and kept the top four or five rated games.
– PSP has been installed with the lr-ppsspp emulator. I’ve included games that run decent with it as I tested many and kept the ones that work the best. If you want to use PPSSPP, I recommend uninstalling lr-ppsspp first as they do not like to work together. I had issues with PPSSPP kicking me back to emulationstation so I stayed with lr-ppsspp. Not sure if it’s an issue with Retropie 4.4 and it possibly needs an update as it was a very frustrating experience. I would highly recommend staying with the libretro version.
– You may have to (re)set your reicast controls for Dreamcast to your preference via RetroPie Setup -> Configuration
Big thanks to David Marti, Dwayne Hurst, Carl Johansen, level1online, Drew Talks, Arcade Punks and many, many others for their input!
I’m going to wait towards Summer to start work on an odroid image that can include more PSP and Dreamcast that work mostly in full.
I’m having Daytona USA withdrawls as we speak. 😉
Stay tuned and thanks again!
Title=”Wolfanoz 256GB RPi3BPlus RetroPie_4.4″
NOTE – Torrent is in 2 parts (1 of 2 and 2 of 2)
Paypal | https://paypal.me/drewtalk
Patreon | https://www.patreon.com/Drewtalks
-- Preferred Pi Products --
Raspberry Pie 3 KIT- | http://amzn.to/2gtxyWC
Raspberry Pie Zero W KIT- | http://amzn.to/2gtxyWC
400gb micro sd | http://amzn.to/2glVtpH
256gb micro sd | http://amzn.to/2iKLj6v
200gb micro sd | http://amzn.to/2nblXij
128gb micro sd | http://amzn.to/2wr82b2
64gb micro sd | http://amzn.to/2iJYbK6
32gb micro sd | http://amzn.to/2xQ1kel
16gb micro sd | http://amzn.to/2glOLAb
-- Preferred Pi Controllers --
Do Everything Wireless Controller | http://amzn.to/2vjEUEq
Classic SNES Style | http://amzn.to/2uWJOGu
Slick Controller Wi U | http://amzn.to/2f9piwK
Serious Contender | http://amzn.to/2viQxeQ
I’m broke but wanna game | http://amzn.to/2u4F56M
Xbox 360 Controller | http://amzn.to/2vj1WLJ
Killer Wired Controller | http://amzn.to/2f8YoVO
-- YOUTUBE GEAR / RECORDING --
Capture Card | http://amzn.to/2kNZ4lm
Computer | http://amzn.to/2vgN3d3
WebCam | http://amzn.to/2pNIaT7
Headset | http://amzn.to/2uWISjF
Mic | http://amzn.to/2wjuzW1
Tripod | http://amzn.to/2uTpoOt
Nice SLR Camera | http://amzn.to/2fbmZna
Nice SLR Camera Lens | http://amzn.to/2vRlCqQ
Keyboard | https://goo.gl/gBbJFS
Mouse | https://goo.gl/MuqoMQ
Backdrop support | http://amzn.to/2osFyZI
Green Screen | http://amzn.to/2oQiJBI
Latest posts by Drewtalks (see all)
- 32gb Arcade Only Retropie 4.4 MAME from Wolfanoz - July 18, 2018
- Top 5 Current 128gb Retropie 4.4 or Newer Images - July 15, 2018
- Synthwave 80s Stranger Things Retro Arcade Build 64gb and 32gb from MikOzzZ - July 6, 2018