Virtualman releases, yet another, 256gb image, this time there is promise that it will fit on most 256gb MicroSD Cards and not be as fussy – So if you have just finished downloading and installing his last release – heres another one for you, from the guy who gave it all up almost a year ago 😉
** KNOWN ISSUES **
– Anyone using 8bitdo controller fix long lag loading issues with Retropie 4.4.x!! Depending on your controller type (in my case I was running 1.27 Firmware SN30 and was experiencing this long load issue for any emulator) – YOU MUST UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE of the controller to latest in my case 1.29 and works flawless!
– https://youtu.be/oYZYRTYjhgs. Reconfigure controller and your good to go will also fix initial bind issues with left and right trigger.
– Enable udev rules from Bluetooth menu to sn30 as most 8bitdo requires like DC (reicast etc…)
– If you have multiple controllers USB/Bluetooth you may have to use new script (Joypad Select for Retroarch) – ES->Config->Joypad select script
– Hit and miss with certain controllers when first initially bind your controller (right/left trigger won’t bind), when you get to the bottom (don’t press OK, simply role back and manual rebind it will work!) Supported controllers -> https://retropie.org.uk/docs/
– Arcade: Crackdown (slow game-play but playable, you can play same game on Sega Genesis 100%)
– Arcade only FPAlpha2012: Worst case scenario if you come across Arcade game that it overlaps the bezel , just press X+Start > Video> Aspect Ratio and set it to Core vs. 1:1 PAL and save Game override only!
– N64: as you all know not all will load (some won’t load at all and some requires press A to tweak emulator to load etc…).
– N64: I want to leave this library with you to tweak so one day emulators (software and hardware) will get better overtime to hopefully run these n64 games. You can delete as you see fit.
– Dreamcast: All games I have tested in this build and works (some you will need to bypass menus to get to gameplay) I want to leave this library for future hardware with more specs, but OC might help.
– Handheld console bezels/overlays: As you all know this image was tailored for 1080p (progressive scan) TV’s – if you have lower rez tv you have to alter retroarch bezels/overlay configs accordingly to your screen (Press X+Select and make your way to Overlays).
– 4K TV’s: You may have to switch picture mode 16:9 to “fit to screen/auto” depending on your tv model.
– It’s been reported that you may have to delete .dat files for some daphne ex: lair.daphne/*.dat and it should load game afterwards.
– Amiga Amiberry might not load for certain games – simply press X+Select and change chipset> Full ECS to AGA and followed by reset and game will load
**IN A NUTSHELL**
** EMPHASIS – TARGETED ALL DECADES 70’s, 80’s, 90’s and 2000+ there is something for everyone that should bring back good memories! **
**CD CONTENT FOCUS** 30+ Systems: Total 9600+ games, 1750 ARCADE, 250 PSX, 300 N64, 53 SEGACD, 30 DREAMCAST, 11 Daphne, 40 TurboGrafx-CD, 99 Scummvm and all top portable/console/arcade/pc systems.
** ADDITIONS & FIXES **
– All post fixes from 8.0 to XII have all been applied!!
– Pre-Pshrink! by Popular demand but I’m not a fanboy of Sandisk.
– I only did this to please many of you that don’t use my recommended SD card so it will fit on your cheap card
– Content Add-on: 235 PSX to 250 quality games!
– Added some suprises/request and room to add more as you see fit.
– Pro Pinball series added and working for lr-pcsx!, Enable interlacing modes was required.
– **IMPORTANT** – For some games like Dead or Alive you may have to turn off Interlacing Modes.
– Content reduced: C64 3000+ to 64 top games – similar collection as C64Mini! (I’m not a fanboy but room to grow your collection!)
– Note that emulator is pre-configured to use controller but best experience with keyboard.
– Dreamcast enhancement / change default emualtor and optimize the memory split from 512 to 389! You should notice some boost on performance overall.
– Compress several PNG in Retroarch overlays saved over 1.5GB
– Installed & Configured Kodi (Streaming free video service) for ES/RetroPie and update ready!
– Should work with controller, but you may have to use keyboard initially to setup controller once.
– Added script “Hursty’s Themes Randomizer” with more preferred pre-loaded themes to randomize everytime you reboot.
– All support old-school & several other collections.
– Added Virtualman Custom Video Splashscreen – https://youtu.be/9PdzXa0DUfs
– Updated Amiberry to latest version.
– Updated RetroPie and all core applications to 4.4.4!
– Scummvm completely re-vamp for new lr-scummvm emulator (Supports bezels, better controller compatibility, start+hotkey to exit etc…)
– Daphne controls coin/start now fixed \retropie\configs\daphne\dapinput.ini restored to factory. Should work for most controllers.
– All retroarch overlay opacity now set to 1.000000 vs. 0.700000
– All retroarch now have # video_threaded = true
– Fix a annoying lr-mame2003 bug when updating messing with the overlays. – https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/2028…ter-update
– Updated all custom game-collections (Arcade Old-School, Megaman, Mario, Zelda, Sonic, Metroid etc…)
– Added script Controller Select for Retroarch (can come in handy to make master for start+hotkey)
– If you experience slow load time (espacially with multiple controller), this is script is your savier.
– Enabled retroachievements.org (you will need to register account) for any given system.
– Modify the following files \\retroarch\configs\all\retroarch.cfg, \\retroarch\configs\arcade\retroarch.cfg and \\retroarch\configs\fba\retroarch.cfg
– Modify the following parameters:
cheevos_enable = “true”
cheevos_badges_enable = “true”
cheevos_username = “yourusername”
cheevos_password = “yourpassword”
** FEATURES **
– 100% COMPATIBLE Pi3B and Pi3B+ – RASPIAN STRETCH 4.4.4 PRE-INSTALLED
– Hidden with so many GEMS games you have never played before and will enjoy the sense of discovery!
– All pre-installed themes updated to latest (4.4.4)
– 40 top music collection (not annoying but you can customize or disable for RPMenu)
– 21 top random splashscreen videos on boot (can customize)
– Compressed all ROMS (zip) and CD based games (PBP,CHD,CSO)
– 6 Ports (Quake Bundle, Duke Nukem 3D & **BRUTAL DOOM!**) (Works with controller but best experience with ekyboard/mouse)
– Completely cleaned and revamped all artwork (skraper.net) and all gamelist.xml optimized with more meta data.
– All ROMS gone through and have at a minimum artwork (mixart, wheel and video snap).
– Pre-Generated top 10 ES Custom Arcade Classic collections, enable all of theme by default. Enable/Disable from ES->Start->GAME COLLECTION…
– Custom Arcade Bezels (Arcade Old School) collection
– Fully tested Arcade Set 1750 (All Working!!!)
– Heavy emphasis on quality CD based games across several systems
– Brand new dedicated ES collection theme “Arcade Old School” – Thank you @DwayneHurst for the great work!
– 100% ARCADE revamped collection with netnew XML/artwork. (1750 all working)
– 100% Pre-installed ARCADE BEZEL PROJECT Enable, configured and tweaked with proper emulator and BP bezel applied when applicable.
– Improved Custom Arcade Old School collection (355!)
– Scummvm & ResidualVM collection (90% CD content, top 100 games including Grim Fandango, Myst III, Escape from Monkey Island and much more!!)
**Works with controller, best experience with mouse/keyboard but not required**
– Combined Residualvm into Scummvm so it’s seamless and can select emulator.
– Pre-Loaded Files/Drivers (Waveshare Game-HAT) To install, just execute # sudo ./boot/Game-HAT/Game-HAT
** This will let you use Game-HAT on the go and I tweaked it so you can still plug to HDTV like normal to play with your friends.**
**EMULATIONSTATION FRONT-END BASICS**
– When in Game (for all consoles and Arcade):
START+SELECT (returns you back to EmulationStation)
X+SELECT (RetroArch configuration, ex: set overlays/bezels/shaders etc.)
**SCUMMVM/RESIDUALVM** – (controller is supported but best experience with keyboard/mouse)
Start+Hotkey or keyboard CTRL+Q (returns you back to EmulationStation)
**PORTS and PC** – (controller is supported but best experience with keyboard/mouse)
X+SELECT will work only on few games, but you can easily quite from in game menu and it will take you back to ES.
X or Y (insert quarter)
Select (return you back to EmulationStation)
**AMIGA** (controller is supported but best experience with keyboard/mouse)
keyboard F12 for GUI or if custom control activated is home button or X+Start.
**C64** (controller is supported but best experience with keyboard/mouse)
C64 Space = Normal Space Bar
C64 ESC = Run Stop key
**TOOLS & TIPS**
1. SD Card Formatter tool you will need to prep your SD card before writing .img to SD.
2. Win32DiskImager tool you will need to write .img to SD card. Note: You can also read from SD to .img for backup.
or Etcher https://etcher.io/
3. Plug the SD card to your Raspberry Pi3 and enjoy!
Note: Upon boot it should recognize any controller you may have plugged in via USB (it supports bluetooh as well). I personally use 8bitdo and rock solid. Make sure to assign your hotkey to be select.
– You can easily get to content/configs via network \\retropie or using sftp/filezilla account (pi/raspberry).
– If you want quick access to your SDCARD without a Raspberry Pi, any linux/chromebook can mount it and you will have full access to content.
***EDIT*** NOTE NEW RELEASE SINCE THIS VERSION CAN BE FOUND HERE
Title=”[256GB]-XIII.RetroPie.4.4.4 Platinum.Revamp.Edition -VirtualMan”
***EDIT*** NOTE NEW RELEASE SINCE THIS VERSION CAN BE FOUND HERE
Latest posts by Arcade Punk (see all)
- VertiWild 1.6 – Vertical Fully Loaded Pi AttractMode from WildPumpk1n - April 23, 2019
- Arcade 1up Retropie Ready Remixed RetroRama Pi Image from Rival Boss - April 19, 2019
- 256gb Retro Paradise Retropie Raspberry Pi Image from Virtualman - April 16, 2019