Virtualmans back with a new enhanced version of his 512gb Loaded Pi 4 image, it had a few overlooked bugs! – BUT THERE IS NO NEED TO DOWNLOAD IT IF YOU ALREADY DOWNLOADED THE LAST ONE!! – As Virtualman was smart enough to add a FIX SCRIPT (EmulationStation -> Options -> VMAN BUILD POST-FIXES) to the main version – so you can literally run the Virtualman online updater to get everything up to date and fixed – HOW COOL IS THAT?! For those of you who dont got it yet, heres a reminder of this IMMENSE image.
** This Pi image is pre-pishrinked (this is because there is way less systems-roms has lots of empty space)! **
1. What this means only on FIRST BOOT you will see partial splash screen video load then followed by black screen, it will reboot a couple times on it’s own to AUTO expand. (GIVE IT AT LEAST 1-3 MINUTES and LET IT COMPLETE this will vary depending on size SD card/type you have.)
2. THIS is NORMAL, SECOND BOOT boot you should see normal intro splash screen video and behind scenes (ALL WILL BE OPERATIONAL!) and you should see EmulationStation. (THIS IS A GOOD SIGN).
NOTE: IF YOU KILL IT it wont expand and you ll get errors that you have 0KB space and wont save any settings you do afterwards and will give you errors in any emulator. This only applies for pre-pishrinked images.
**THIS IMAGE is 100% tailored for 1080p TV’s/Monitors**
– 4K TV users – use the vman fix option to switch to 4k!
– 4KTV users, it’s hit and miss with certain brand. Please read the known issues and possible workarounds!
** Only plug my HDMI cable to HDMI-0= Plug HDMI to HDMI-0 port on the Raspberry Pi4, which is right
next to power port. **
** How to connect to Pi to access files-folders **:
Easiest way from Windows PC access from file explorer and point to “\\playbox4” without quotes and you will have access to roms, configs and much more.
Other method you can use SSH/Winscp connect to host: playbox4 and username: pi and password: PlayBox (case sensitive).
** PLAYBOX is Pre-Enabled usb mode, so what what this means you also have the option to flash to external Hard-drive.
– Virtualman recommends to use SD card if all possible, however WE WILL NOT SUPPORT anyone choosing Hard-drive route.
If you wish to show some support to the author and buy him a beer his paypal is here his forum is here (you have to knock 4 times, say 3 different passwords and a secret handshake! – but you’ll get there eventually 😉 J/K)!
Want to download this quick we highly suggest using the NZB file via NEWSGROUPS/USENET, for more information on usenet, click HERE – have this download at your ISP full speed without the need to wait or seed!
Title=”[64gb]-Retro-Bliss-Revolution.NO.ROMS.Pi.4.Playbox.v18.104.22.168-VIRTUALMAN” (NO ROMS VERSION)