March 16, 2020
March 16, 2020
Status update… I thought I had it all ready back when I posted the demo.. but as software development goes, I found a few bugs.
I’d say its 95% done now.. comprises of the main menu (Attract mode, with custom menu of course) and a custom ‘loader’ program for Model 3 games (in addition to Model 1, Model 2)
Model 3 game special features include (where applicable based on the games themselves)
1) Dual screen multiplayer (split screen) for couch play on 2 networked ‘machines’
2) 4 screen multiplayer (screen split into 4 segments) for couch play on 4 networked ‘machines’
3) Up to 8 multiplayer NETWORK games.. meaning LAN/WAN (Internet). Note: Not all games support 8 players, some (Harley Davidson as an example) only 4 players. This will all be obvious in the custom menu(s) where it will only show maximum players available for that game selectable
The goal is to make the easiest possible experience for users.. especially with the multiplayer network. With 2/4 players splitscreen everything is automatic. Just select/play.
For network.. there is a separate (easy to use) UI which has been made to be the easiest possible experience for everyone.
Still to do:
1) More testing with network.. tried up to 8 (well 12 or 16 actually) with a local machine ‘networked’ and multiple machines on own LAN.
2) Check EVERY game for proper/perfect controller setup(We do this for EVERY MyRetrozz btw 🙂 ). This includes Model 1, Model 2, Model 3 (AND split screen.. which will map to controller 1, 2, 3 4 (XINPUT))
3) Write an awesome MyRetrozz manual as usual (.PDF)
The ‘loader’ is ~1200 lines of code thus far.. so much for a ‘hey I can knock this out in 2 weeks’ project 🙂
Hopefully soon.. I’ll post an updated video showing the multiplayer UI.. 4 machines (that would be networked using the network UI vs. the 4 player splitscreen) (ironically they both use the same custom loader, but different code segments.