January 4, 2020
You'll have to excuse my n00biness but I'm new to all this Raspberry Pi stuff and I just wanted to ask a simple question. Also if there's a thread for this sort of thing already, by all means direct me there ?
Every time I've tried to write a 128gb or 256gb image, it fails to boot up. Is this because my Pi 3 Model B+ doesn't accept cards over 64gb? If so, why would there be images over the maximum size?
I've done a 64gb one succesfully and it's awesome – just need more space for more games.
I've formatted both cards to fat32 (overwrite format) but I still can't figure out what I'm doing wrong (I'm assuming it's definitely me that's not doing it right).
November 19, 2019
It should run fine i'm currently running a recalbox 128gb image at the momentÂ on a PI3 b+, few questions to see if I can help
- make / class/ model of Micro SD Card
- What program did you use to copy the image to the card
- What format is image in bin, Iso etc
- Software you used to format card.
- When the image writes does it seem to write ok
- What format was downloaded image in such as zip, rar, 7z etc
Sorry for all the questions but some makes of Micro SD and combinations of software can cause problems