I am releasing my modified version of the hyperspin.nut loader.
Although PCCA matrix made the definitive “Hyperspin” layout, his layout only work in PCs, leaving the RPi users behind (at least for now)
So i decided to continue to work in my mod for the hyperspin.nut.
What i did:
1) Add “flyer” artwork (with the modification of the background image is possible to make “coinops”style themes). The flyer occupy 50%, right of the screen, under the background. So you can only edit the background to make a part of it transparent
You can edit the an existing theme or just make a new one using Hypertheme ( a part of the Hyperspin pack).
2) Add Bezel (the bezel was added “per game” or “system”).To use the per game bezel you will need to create an artwork named “bezel” in the configuration for each system and place the games bezels in that folder.
You can get the games bezels in this link:
I have resized the bezels to 1365x768, lower resolutions are better for the RPi
3) Added Special art for games and main menu
4) Added scrolling text, with game information;
5) Added more Hyperspin animations (merging similar animations with the existing animations and adapting some).
Obviously is a heavy layout but i hope you enjoy.
- Installation of the hyperspin.nut (make a backup of the original one first):
1) You can copy using WinSCP or other similar software to the following folder:
In windows version just copy to the loader folder.
2) You can also copy,using putty, just do the following:
sudo mv /usr/local/share/attract/loader/hyperspin.nut usr/local/share/attract/loader/hyperspin.nut.bkp
sudo nano /usr/local/share/attract/loader/hyperspin.nut
When it opens copy all the contents of the hyperspin.nut (you can open with the notepad) to this putty window pressing the right button in the mouse over the putty screen
The following link is to the folder of the necessary files:
a)hyperspin layouts and files needed for hyperspin.nut with the mod to make coinops style
b)romlists (the snes has the esrb and number of players) - careful to not replace your romlists if you dont want to.
c) scraper - with game info
-emulator.zip – emulators configuration (for RPi only) dont work with Windows
-hyperspin.nut – the modified file
- snes (flyer and game bezel top place inside roms\snes folder)
** I have detected a slow down in transitions due the font selector, so i have remove it. The speed is now equal the original hyperspin.nut.
The links are the same.
draconz89, mengarini, chaleb, Holger, Titi Ober, tiodoc, calpino, fra22280, carlohara, Nighthawk01, stevali, firedlyric, NinjaJimJim, [email protected], cccken, simon36922, Zenox, carnerito, torizan, cha1971, fallguy-73, dvzilver, Dark Developer, Justife Justife, Sasa Majski, Ian Nuaid, Federico Di Cori