WHATS NEW (MUST READ)
* I discovered that a essencial file to the original "Reset Controller" script to work is missing, probably because a system update,Â so I made a replacement. Just copy the file over the network to \retropieattractmodeAttract Mode Setup
link to the file: here
Changelog (from v2 to v3):
- Image increased (need minimum 64 GB sdcard)
- Download in torrent version (need patient because i'm not always online)
- Attract Mode updated to version v2.6.1 (Linux, SFML 2.4.2 +FontConfig +GLES +SWF +Curl) avcodec 58.77.101 / avformat 58.42.100 / swscale 5.6.101 / avutil 56.42.102 / swresample 3.6.100.
- RPi updated until 01/04/2020
- RPi RAM shared: 512MB Video / 512MB System (Still no overclock)
- Fixed the âReset Controllerâ script;
- Fixed ScummVM script issue;
- Fixed OpenBOR slowlyness
- Added Kodi
- Added Steam Link (can play PC Games, but the RPi3 must be wired, because wifi canÂ´tÂ handle and keep dropping the connection)
- Added Doom and mods (lr-prboom) (like individual games â need keyboard to configure)
- Added Quake and mods (lr-quake) (like individual games â need keyboard to configure)
- Added Quake 3 Arena (need keyboard to configure)
- Added more games to arcade (now there is about 1.6k games)
- Added SegaCD games
- Added PSX games (there is more than 160 games)
- Added NDS games
- Added Openbor games
- Added PSP games
- Arcade: new filters for the publishers:
- Modified the collections layout to show the respective system (ordered by year):
- The mkarcade driver is disabled. You can enable in retropie > drivers
-The image wonât work with the RPI4, so donât download because you will waste time.
-My system is a RPi3B, with a 64gb class 10 sdcard and will work with RPi 3B+
- The mkarcade driver, that allow you to use GPIO controller, was modified to recognize 2 controllers, but that modified file prevents you to get the update script, so I made 2 backups: the mkarcade.sh.bkp is the modified file and the mkarcadr.sh.original is the original file. If you need to update the script,delete the mkarcade file, update the system,then restore the modified file.
-The Nintendo DS emulator needs a keyboard for controller configuration. Since the DS is just for 1 person, you can configure both controllers to 1 player, if is that the case.
-The OpenBor emulator also needs a keyboard to first configure the controllers.
- Doom, Quake and Quake 3 need keyboard to configure
- The system is very heavy, so it is not so fluid, but has a good speed.
- Ocasional crashes are expected, because AttractMode is heavy and resource hungry. If itÂ happens, you can press in a keyboard âcrtl+câ to shutdown AttractMode, then type âsudo rebootâ and press enter, to preserve the system.
- Some layouts are very heavy SWF, so a slowdown will be noticiable.
- The RPi-3BÂ still get really hot and ocasionally will crash.
-You WILL NEED a cooling method (large heatsinks or fans) to the temp get around 55-60 Celsius and a good power source.
- The image was conceived for 64GB card, almost ready to use, but can be used in any sdcard and be increased to higher storage and add new games and arts.
- The system has romlists for most plataforms (less openbor, amiga and Scummvm), so If you add a game they should immediately show in the wheel (if has the original name â check romlist for the name â usually the rom has the same name of the art that you will find in the internet), but you will need to add the art and vÃdeo into the respective folders.
-The romlists (in the case of Amiga, Openbor and ScummVM) need to Â be remade every time you add a new game.
- I recommend to add roms through WinSCP, because RPi3B has many WIFI drops . https://winscp.net/eng/download.php
- To reencode the vÃdeos I suggest Handbreak: https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php
- To create or modify Hyperspin themes, use Hypertheme, thats part of the Hyperspin installation pack: https://hyperspin-fe.com/files/file/17585-hyperspin-151-full-package/
- To download the arts, I recommend the torrent from the Hyperpie Project: https://files.hyperpie.appboxes.co/HyperPie-v2-Media_Pi_Version.torrent, but you can download also from emumovies and hyperspin.fe
- The image was compressed with 7zip (https://www.7-zip.org/download.html) and Winrar
- A) BURNING THE IMAGE
- Download the image and burn to the sdcard. I use Win32DiskImager: https://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/
- Place the sdcard in your RPi, connect a keyboard, the HDMI and then the power source to load the system.
- You will need a keyboard connected to the RPi until configure the controller.
- B) CONFIGURING THE WIFI
- Once you configure the controller go to âAttract Modeâ menu. There go toÂ âWifi configurationâ and configure the Wifi.
- C) EXPANDING THE SYSTEM TO USE THE WHOLE SDCARD
- Go to âRaspberry Piâ > Advanced Settings > Expand Filsystem
- D) CONFIGURING CONTROLLERS
- Go to bluetooth if you want to set bluetooth controllers.
- If you will use GPIO controllers, enable mkarcade driver. Just go to AttractÂ Mode Setup> Retropie> drivers and install the mkarcade driver.
- Then, go either âEmulation Stationâ or âReset Controllersâ to set the in game controllers. The reset controllers option will erase any pre-set emulator/game configuration.
- E) CONFIGURING THE CONTROLLER TO USE IN THE MENU
- When the system loads press TAB. Will show a black screen written âConfigureâ, select âControlsâ This will open a control configuration tab for THE ATTRACTMODE MENU,Â this will not work in games.
- F) Changin the aspect ratio of games
- If you want change the Aspect Ratio to 4:3 or 16:9 of your games you have to go to > Atrratc Mode > Â âConfiguration editorâ
You can check the tutorials for most common issues:
Thats pretty much it.
Hope you enjoy.
Thanks for the support!
Quote from sergiohyperspin on April 11, 2020, 10:09 pmQuote from kublai on April 11, 2020, 10:01 pmQuote from Ninja UK on April 11, 2020, 2:24 pm
GREAT WORK !!
now live on Arcade Punks :
Getting 404 error that torrent file is not found.
Link corrected in the description:
Here is the link:
I look forward to playing with this new pack. Thanks very much for your hard work.
recreativasarcade.es, XCON, GoodWatch, deefdelic, popol, Swauvel7115, Brique Rouge, JamesT1968, masteking, vdopeyv, JBENTO88, fernandosantis, scooby911, gquint194, babisbar12345, arcadian, mathias0088, Paul1969, charliehorse, pataris026, dicedealer007, Mister Muscolo, ferchu64, Cognis, STAGE, kit360, Anubis81PT, nroseberry, SEBACOOP, mallynoshow, maximumstyle, stephane captmiam, Les Zawada, Cristafer Neal, simdao, zzz, Russell gascoine, omegateam omegateam, ritzelman, Clinton Johnson, Joaquim Manjama, Brian Spatz, wayne presley, wesley van der neut, Joao Carlos Ribeiro, Joseph Richards, johan vandendriessche, Christian Landry, jeff tourville, David Buchan, panaflex