We have said it before and we’ll say it again but it seems that CoinOPs NEXT is in line to become THE BEST Fully Loaded Gaming Front End for the PC – This is our opinion and its going to take a helluvalot to change that – Remember CoinOPs NEXT is more for all areas of gaming on a standalone, whereby CoinOPs Arcadia (5) is built for Arcade Cabinets… Unlike most of the NEXT addons there is a little bit more to this one than extract and overwrite (See below).
Instructions to installing Future Pinball with BAM to CoinOps Next
- 1. Copy FP-BAM-setup.exe to CoinOps\emulators\Future Pinball. The drive letter will depend on where you have CoinOps installed to. EXAMPLE: G:\CoinOps\emulators\Future Pinball\
NOTE: If it asks you to overwrite this folder, select YES
- 2. When you get to the part about the type of installation, select STANDARD INSTALLATION and be sure the option that says Few sets of ball textures is also checked. The other options will already be checked.
- 3. When the install is done, there will be a window that says LAUNCH BAM with a check next to it. Leave it checked and select OK.
- 4. The Future Pinball window will open with a blank screen. Go to top drop down menu and select Editor Preferences. Make sure all the boxes are UNCHECKED. Select OK.
- 5. Go to Video/Rendering Preferences and configure your video settings. Select OK.
- 6. Also, go to the Game Key and Controls and configure the keys.
- 7. Close out of the program.
- 8. Open up CoinOps and go to Future Pinball and select any table to play.
NOTE: Future Pinball only accepts Digital Inputs – the trigger buttons on the Xbox360 and Xbox One controllers are ANALOGUE, so will not work, you will need to remap the buttons (see 1.6 above) – jOY2kEY and XPADDER should work, but not yet tested.