2Play has hacked together a little “fix” for converting the 512gb Playbox beast for the Pi 4 from Virtualman over to the Pi 3b/b+ – YOU WILL REQUIRE A PI 4 IN THE FIRST INSTANCE TO HACK THIS.
Download the pack (link below)
On the Pi 4 – boot up as usual
– Exit to cli, (Press F4)
– run RetroPie Setup. Use Arrow UP to find:
– Update RetroPie Script.
– Manage Packages / Core Packages
– Remove all core packages then re-install from binary
– Connect with WinSCP (Pre done portable setup pack included) or your favorite SFTP client.
Extract Fix Pack.
Transfer/overwrite from “Fix Pack” each emu or core to corresponding folder (some might be inside a /bin folder):
/opt/retropie/emulators/emuname folder or /libretrocores/corename folder
– Reboot & Test Enjoy on your Pi3B(+)