Welcome to another BOLT-ON for the Hyperspin Bolt-on Edition –We’re bringing you the Nintendo 64DD (not to be confused with the N64) – a download at under 600mb with what we believe to be a complete romset for this obscure system- this is some great gaming rolled into one very missed system! There is already a non-bolt on (Standard) download here for those not ‘bolting-on’
The64DD (Japanese: 64DD Hepburn: Rokujūyon Dī Dī?), colloquially referred to as the Nintendo 64DD, is a magnetic disk drive peripheral for the Nintendo 64 game console developed by Nintendo. It was originally announced in 1995, prior to the Nintendo 64’s 1996 launch, and after numerous delays was finally released only in Japan on December 1, 1999. Only ten pieces of software were released until the unit was discontinued in February 2001. It was a commercial failure, with at least 15,000 total units sold, with the other 85,000 units scrapped.” -(source wiki)
Heres a quick guide on how to install it to your Hyperspin Bolt-on Edition installation.
- Copy the downloaded .rar to the root of your D: Drive
- Right click the first rar and select EXTRACT HERE
- Open ROCKET LAUNCHER UI (D:\Arcade\Rocketlauncher\RocketLauncherUI)
- Add the system (call it Nintendo 64dd) use same punctuation
- Choose the correct emulator (Project64 global)
- Tell it the roms path (D:\Arcade\Nintendo 64dd\roms\)
- Generate Database from games
- exit rocket launcher UI
- Right click the first .rar archive again and select EXTRACT HERE
- Select NO TO ALL when prompted
- Have a clean up of your downloaded files and the ‘TO-INSTALL” Folder,
either delete them or move them somewhere incase you will use them
again in the future.
- Once it has finished extracting you are ready
Open up your Hyperspin and you will see the Nintendo 64dd menu with the games, media and more! Would Like to thank JM for joining the team on this one – already proving to be an invaluable member of the team..