Welcome to another BOLT-ON for the Hyperspin Bolt-on Edition – The Panasonic 3DO AKA The 3DO Interactive Multiplayer (often called simply the 3DO) is a home video game console platform developed by The 3DO Company. Conceived by entrepreneur and Electronic Arts founder Trip Hawkins, the 3DO was not a console manufactured by the company itself, but a series of specifications, originally designed by Dave Needle and R. J. Mical of New Technologies Group, that could be licensed by third parties. Panasonic produced the first models in 1993, and further renditions of the hardware were released in 1994 by Sanyo and GoldStar (now LG Corp) – Despite a highly promoted launch (including being named Time magazine’s “1993 Product of the Year”) and a host of cutting-edge technologies, the 3DO’s high price and an oversaturated console market prevented the system from achieving success comparable to veteran competitors Sega and Nintendo. As a result, it was discontinued in late 1996, three years after its first release.
This is a HUGE DOWNLOAD – almost 55gb (nearly 100gb when extracted!) – There are 2 quick and easy downloads where you can download all the parts from 2 folders – please go to the usual place to report any bugs. We reckon this one is for the SERIOUS Hyperspin Bolt-On’ers only – due to its sheer size and volume. There is a FIX that you will need for this after its all installed (link below).
Heres a quick guide on how to install it to your Hyperspin Bolt-on Edition installation.
- Copy both sets of downloaded .rars to the root of your D: Drive
- Right click the rar and select EXTRACT HERE – this will take a little bit longer than usual due to the size!
- Open ROCKET LAUNCHER UI (D:\Arcade\Rocketlauncher\RocketLauncherUI)
- Add the system (call it Panasonic 3DO ) – thats the letter O (in caps) not the number zero use same punctuation
- Choose the correct emulator (FourDo global)
- Tell it the roms path (D:\Arcade\Panasonic 3DO\roms)
- Generate Database – exit rocket launcher UI
- Right click the .rar archive again and select EXTRACT HERE
- Select NO TO ALL when prompted
- Have a clean up of your downloaded files and the ‘TO-INSTALL” Folder,
either delete them or move them somewhere incase you will use them
again in the future.
- Now run THE 3DO FIX – this just tidies up some of the wheels and layout CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FIX
Open up your Hyperspin and you will see the Panasonic 3DO Wheel with all the games, media and more in…
Latest posts by Arcade Punk (see all)
- 256gb Retropie Image Colossal from Ransom – Raspberry Pi 3b/3b+ - July 12, 2019
- Supreme GPI Base Image from the Supreme Team for the new Retroflag GPI - July 10, 2019
- “GameStation” Portable Emulation Station Build for the PC from VLC - July 10, 2019