HyperV is a lite, bare-bones Hyperspin setup a number of friends helped create for vertical arcade cabinets. The setup includes a modified version of Hyperspin, roms, custom theme, wheels, videos and flyers as background media for as many vertical oriented games as we could find. The setup is more than small enough to fit on a small SSD, DOM or USB. Hyperspin and Mame will automatically start rotated 90 degrees to the left.
Instead of making custom themes for each game, the game flyer will appear if it is available. Considering so few people would actually develop thousands of new themes for vertical games, this is the best solution for the moment while still giving an aesthetically pleasing look.
The setup does not include most commonly used extra utilities usually set with hyperspin such as xpadder. You will have to add those on your own. Be warned as the directional controls are also rotated. Those using it in a cabinet will appreciate this. The romlist is based off of project Retrobution’s vertical database lists minus mature and electro-mechanical games.
HyperV 1.3 Beta
– Added tons more videos. Most of them are now from the freeware progetto snaps team as opposed to EmuMovies.
– Added more transition backgrounds
– Fixed STV BIOS issue. Games like Shienryu should now be playable.
– Added Namco Classics Collection Vol.2
– Added some missing sound samples
– Now includes rocketlauncher. This should help with the game launching issues some have reported.