Another eagerly awaited retropie release – this time David Marti returns with Motion Blue V4 which has been updated for both Emulation Station and Attract Mode.
New functions, new enhancements, and a new look for both!
New features include
– new Attract Mode default theme
– new Attract Mode Collections wheels
– new Attract Mode scripts
– new Emulation Station default theme
– new Emulation Station scripts
– new Emulation Station Collections wheels (54 different collections to add)
– more systems with pre-generated Emulation Station gamelist.xml files and Attract Mode romlist files
– PDF documentation updates for everything
– easier management of the default Motion Blue Emulation Station theme
– RetroPie web manager pre-installed
– Pixel desktop pre-installed
– all Attract Mode romlist file and Emulation Station gamelist.xml files are now backed up in different folder incase they are needed
I’d like to give credit to the developers of RetroPie, Emulation Station, Attract Mode as well as to Floob, Omegaman, Eric Hettervik, Anthony, scooter1974 , and a slew of others I don’t know their names. Some of the system preview videos were given to me by Youtube and Facebook users….so I’m not sure of the authors for them. Special thanks to Dwayne Hurst, The Amiga RetroPie WHDLoad Pack Group. –David Marti (Creator)
Unlike the previous releases (8gb) You will need a minimum 16gb card to extract this beautiful image on to, this image is just shy of 6gb compressed for download.
Motion Blue Ethos – By David Marti
The Motion Blue base image is a RetroPie image that has been created and setup with several design goals in mind. Many new scripts and files have been developed to include new features and enhancements.
The base image has been setup and configured for both Emulation Station and Attract Mode.
Emulation Station is setup with the default theme that includes support for the new option of having video previews instead of just static images and marquee (wheels) and box art as well. Pre-generated gamelist.xml files are provided for many systems.
The Attract Mode front-end has already been configured and setup with all emulators and romlist files for many systems.
A design philosophy was adopted for this build to bring RetroPie in line with the current retro gaming community. The most prominent change was to begin using the community standard for filenames for all configuration files and ROM files. This change now has all the ROM files, media, and emulators matching the EmuMovies/HyperSpin naming convention. With this change, end users are more easily able to download new ROMs and media files that will immediately work, thus saving hours of file renaming.
All you will need to provide are your BIOS files along with your ROM files and matching media. Everything else is already setup and waiting. If your ROM files and media are already named appropriately (EmuMovies/Hyperspin compatible names), then simply transfer them to the proper folder and they will automatically show up in the corresponding Emulation Station and Attract Mode displays.
The use of shared media folders for each system allows both Emulation Station and Attract Mode to share the same media files so there is no need to duplicate files.
Adding an external Hard Drive to Motion Blue
Check out Easy Haxs video on how to add a hard drive to Motion Blue..
Latest posts by Arcade Punk (see all)
- DAMASO !! RASPBERRY PI 4 IMAGE ‘NOSTALGIA LOADED’ – 128gb BEST ONE YET !! - December 5, 2019
- 4gb 100% Vertical v2 for Raspberry Pi 3b/3b+ Recalbox 6.1.1 from Cyclair - December 4, 2019
- 8tb Hyperspin from the PiPiggies – ROMs Pack 4- in Part Downloads - December 3, 2019