Simply Austins Sega Pi Image got added to and played about with by KinGuyRon and re-released and now this Slappy fella comes along and fully fucks with it, a full remix and re-release. Spent some time playing this one in the Arcade Punks HQ and find it pretty flawless, the shape of more images to come from Slappy?
Alright, so I spent a bunch of today trying to help out a guy with his request about the Sonic or Sega themed image for his son. I snagged the 32gb 1.3 image that Simply Austin had been working on and released. If you haven’t checked it out the image on ArcadePunks is one that some dude tagged as KinGuyRON added ROM sets for the various Sega systems. Pretty much the only system missing any games is Dreamcast which kind of makes sense since they are so hit or miss especially without OC’ing a Pi 3. Anyway, I made some updates to it:
1) Updated to the latest and greatest script and installed packages
2) Added the power button/LED script
3) Removed all systems from the ROMs folder that Austin hadn’t originally “included” which speeds things up nicely
4) Updated the theme to run better with the latest ES updates since it broke some of the theme (more on that later)
5) Added the Background Music scripts and dropped in roughly 250 chiptunes from the top 10 games for the Genesis/MegaDrive and Master System
6) Modified the Video Splash Screen as it just cut off abruptly as if Austin hadn’t fully completed it yet.
With the latest updates and how the video snaps are handled the boxart in the Video view type are being cut off due to the way Z layer is being processed. There are a bunch of issues with how he was assembling it that need to be corrected to have proper polish and I know that he was working with intentions for it to be prime time eventually, but it is perfectly playable and enjoyable. Secondly when that KinGuyRON dude added all the games he just about maxed out the space on a Samsung 32gb card so I did pull Snatcher and Silpheed from the image otherwise it will cause problems for some depending on the card they use by what I was seeing in forums, on FB, etc. Those damned Sega CD games chewed up 12gb of the space so cutting those two out frees up 1.2gb. As I will be releasing it there is 3.2gb of free space which will allow for savestates and other buffer space required to run the games.
Lastly, I have been working on several themes and even a couple images (Pi Zero, a couple other custom focused images, and a 128GB Optimized OC’ed Pi 3 image). So expect to see more from me tagged as Slappy’s “image” or “theme” on Arcade Punks.
So here you have it , a very polished, up to date, decent version of whats been released a few times before – think this could be going in our Sega Megadrive Pi Build……
Latest posts by Arcade Punk (see all)
- DAMASO !! RASPBERRY PI 4 IMAGE ‘NOSTALGIA LOADED’ – 128gb BEST ONE YET !! - December 5, 2019
- 4gb 100% Vertical v2 for Raspberry Pi 3b/3b+ Recalbox 6.1.1 from Cyclair - December 4, 2019
- 8tb Hyperspin from the PiPiggies – ROMs Pack 4- in Part Downloads - December 3, 2019