Our friend and famous YouTuber UK ARCADES today brings us great news that Star Trek Voyager Arcade – you know the really cool gun blasting Star Trek Game!! Is now hacked, cracked, dumped and playable, and whilst quite an initial ‘faff’ to get this bitch up and running its SOOOOOO worth it!!
Running in 1290×700 resolution with full lightgun gameplay.
INSTRUCTIONS TO USE
1) Right click on the desktop to display the menu and select “Terminal Emulator”
2) Type the following command :
3) This will open a text file, go down to the line:
And add a # at the start to comment it
4) Go down 2 lines and uncomment :
5) Press CTRL + O then ENTER to save, and now the mouse is enable
You can repeat that for the file :
To use the mouse when in windowed version
Optional: run “source ./start_setup.sh” to get to the operator menu
1. If you want fullscreen mode: “export STV_FULL=1”
2. Run “ln -s /dev/input/by-path/*event-kbd /run/kbdhook”
3. in a terminal, type: “source ./start_game.sh”
F5-F7: Dip Switches 1-4
1: 1P Start / Reload
2: 2P Start / Reload
5: 1P Coin
6: 2P Coin
Mouse: 1P Light Gun / 2P Light Gun
I’ve included the source of both the patch and the original driver. From that, you should be able to write support for your own lightgun if you have one.
The game has an old janky-ass way to do vsync… it might be a bit too fast or slow on some machines. There’s a turbo mode in the options if its too slow.
If that still doesn’t fix it, recompile and adjust the frame counter cooldown or figure out a better way to do it. Have Fun – and may the force be with you! – UK ARCADES
wait, WHAT ??? “May the force be with you” , on a STAR TREK release, oh you naughty thing UK Arcades, but we’ll let that one slide… #livelongandprosper