We reported back in August about DotEmu’s release of Streets of 4 and how excited we are, they have now released some artwork from the project – still with no due date for release! – here’s the original “reveal trailer”, as featured back in August.
Publisher Dotemu (Wonder Boy, Windjammers 1/2) and developers Lizardcube (Wonder Boy) and Guard Crush Games revealed Streets of Rage 4, an all-new continuation of SEGA’s iconic arcade brawler series known for its radical fights, jammin’ ‘90s beats and dashing sparring gloves and bandanas.
Streets of Rage, known as Bare Knuckle (ベア・ナックル Bea Nakkuru) in Japan, is a trilogy of beat ’em up games developed and published by SEGA in the 1990s. Famously known for its non stop action and electronic dance influenced music – scored by Yuzo Koshiro and Motohiro Kawashima – the series has gained the status of cult classic throughout the years. It is considered one of the best beat ’em up series of all time. After many years, Axel and Blaze are finally picking up the fight where they left.
Featuring hand-drawn visuals from the team behind 2017’s gorgeous Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap remake, Streets of Rage 4 builds upon the classic trilogy’s gameplay with new mechanics, a fresh story and a gauntlet of dangerous stages with a serious crime problem. Streets of Rage 4 recalls classic gameplay but it stands as an entirely original arcade-style romp thanks to the expertise of Guard Crush Games and Dotemu.
- The comeback of the legendary Streets of Rage series.
- Beautiful graphics fully hand-drawn animated by the studio behind Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap.
- Classic gameplay enhanced with brand new mechanics.
- Braised chicken served on a pristine plate.
Latest posts by Arcade Punk (see all)
- 256gb Retropie Image Colossal from Ransom – Raspberry Pi 3b/3b+ - July 12, 2019
- Supreme GPI Base Image from the Supreme Team for the new Retroflag GPI - July 10, 2019
- “GameStation” Portable Emulation Station Build for the PC from VLC - July 10, 2019