Ransom is back with his perfect Amiga image, this time as a version 2 , which is all the previous V1 (and update packs) and loads of major improvements.
After 2 years of constant work on updating this image from version 1 I am proud to say it is officially released. There has been some major changes and additions since previous image. – Ransom
Here is a breakdown of whats inside the image;
– 10,150 Games
– 4,251 HDF Games (Created by me)
– 3,075 ADF Disk Games (5,436 ADF Disks)
– 253 Offical CD32 Games
– 4 Offical CDTV Games
– 2,238 WHDLoad Games
– 145 WHDLoad AGA Games
– 104 WHDLoad CD32 Games
– 15 WHDLoad CDTV Games
– 65 WHDLoad Demo Games
– 737 Original Amiga game music tracks in MP3, continuous music played while browsing games in RetroPie (Fades in and out when starting games and resumes when exiting games)
– Amiberry Emulator is Version 2.19
Biggest Question which will be asked is “Why are there so many versions of the same game?” Let me answer
WHDLoad or HDF Games load faster then ADF Disk Games. WHDLoad and HDF are a preinstalled to Hard disk image of the game. WHDLoad games are updated often to this day.
A Lot of ADF Disk Games included in this image do not have WHDLoad versions. Some ADF Disk Games have trainers compared to the WHDLoad version of the same game.
Official CD32 Games Vs WHDLoad CD32 games. Offical include all CD Audio wheras the WHDLoad CD32 version is only the Data HD Install of the game without the Audio.
I spent over a year Creating/Converting Every WHDLoad game into HDF. These HDF Games are one single file that can run on any emulator even away from the Pi.
“OK I get all that, but what do all these TAGS mean on the names list in Emulation Station?” Let me explain
TAGS are used at the end of every games title in Emulation Station they represent what version the game is, let’s take the Turrican games and others for example;
Turrican (CDTV).uae CDTV Games end with (CDTV)
Turrican (v2.0) (CDTV) [HDF].uae HDF Games end with [HDF]
Turrican [ADF].uae ADF Games end with [ADF]
Turrican [HDF].uae HDF Games end with [HDF]
Turrican 2 [CDTV].uae WHDLoad games have no tag at the end of the games name.
Turrican 2 [HDF].uae HDF Games end with [HDF]
Turrican 2 CDTV [HDF].uae HDF Games end with [HDF]
Turrican 2.uae WHDLoad games have no tag at the end of the games name.
Turrican 3 [ADF].uae ADF Games end with [ADF]
Turrican 3 [HDF].uae HDF Games end with [HDF]
Turrican 3.uae WHDLoad games have no tag at the end of the games name.
Turrican Collection [HDF].uae HDF Games end with [HDF]
Turrican II – The Final Fight [ADF].uae ADF Games end with [ADF]
Turrican NTSC [HDF].uae HDF Games end with [HDF]
Turrican Trilogy Experimental [earok] (CD32).uae CD32 Games end with (CD32)
Turrican.uae WHDLoad games have no tag at the end of the games name.
“Cool, Nice…… But I see many TAGS Prior the descriptive TAG?” OK Here is what they mean….
Prior the last TAG There can be various bracketed tag to explain more detail about the game
(AGA) = Advanced Graphic Chipset
(ECS) = Enhanced Chip Set
(OCS) = Original Chip Set
(De) = German Language
(Fr) = French Language
(Sp) = Spanish Language
(It) = Italian Language
(Pl) = Polish Language
WHDLoad games vary… Games ending with [AGA], [CD32], [CDTV] are also WHDLoad version games for example;
WHDLoad AGA games end with [AGA]
– Sabre Team [AGA]
WHDLoad CD32 games end with [CD32]
– Sabre Team [CD32]
WHDLoad CDTV games end with [CDTV]
– Battle Chess [CDTV]
“That’s really Cool. Nice image but you are missing quite a few boxart images?”
Yes there are quite a few boxarts missing to rare and obscure games that I cannot find boxart too or just never got time to add them in. I could of added all boxart by creating covers manualy to games myself….
But then the image would of been released by May 2019…
– Required Raspsberry Pie 3 (Pie2 may work but maybe slower)
– Required 128gb Micro SD card (I use a Sandisk)
– Recommended Official PS3 wireless controller (Pre configured to run all games wirelessly and wired)
– Recommended to have USB Mouse or Keyboard to bypass cracktro’s and trainers in ADF games
– PS3 Controller START & SELECT – Quits back to RetroPie
– PS3 Controller START + Triangle or F12 – Pauses game and open up Amiberry GUI (You can use Controller within Amiberry GUI)
– PS3 Controller Hold Fire button “X” down when booting a WHDLoad game to get into Options/Trainer for the game
– Offical CD32 Games Controls are as follows;
Start = Pause
Left Trigger = Rewind
Right Trigger = Forward
Green = Square on PS3 PAD
Red = X on PS3 PAD
Blue = O on PS3 PAD
Yellow = Traingle on PS3 PAD
“Any Plans for Updates in the Future?”
There is about 10gb of free space left on SD Card.. You never know
Important. It is known that this 128gb image may not fit on certain 128gb micro sd cards. I personally use a sandisk branded micro sd. So that brand is safe. Anybody else using a different brand and has success with putting the image on it please comment about it below.
Please note that image is overclocked:
Title – “Ultimate Amiga for Raspberry Pi 3 V2.0 [10,150 Games] [Ransom] 128GB”
Latest posts by Arcade Punk (see all)
- CoinOPs Next – Possibly the BEST Fully Loaded PC Front end EVER…. - November 17, 2019
- 400gb King Royal Image from DZ – Raspberry Pi 3b/3b+ - November 17, 2019
- Recalbox 6.1 DragonBlaze Galisteo Cobalt v3 Image – available in 128gb , 64gb,32gb and 16gb - November 16, 2019