The long-retired Virtualman has released a VERSION 5 of his ever popular image, we are not even going to go into how short his retirement lasted (a weekend?) – but we are going to let you know how truly awesome this 128gb image is.
**SPECIAL ANNOUCEMENT FROM VIRTUALMAN**:
I plan to release a PLATINUM EDITION (200GB). I want to thank EVERYONE on Discord, youtube, INTERNET in general for all the help/support!
I will remain on discord to provide guidance/support with your very own RetroPie/Recalbox setup.
Join the fun “Retro-Gaming” on Discord: https://discord.gg/nvFHyAj
** EMPHASIS – TARGETED ALL DECADES 70’s, 80’s, 90’s and 2000+ there is something for everyone that should bring back good memories! **
** EMPHASIS – TARGETED for future BUILDERS to support Arcade Cabinet or Arcade2HDTV projects with multiple front-end (EmulationStation and Attract Mode/Hyperspin style).**
** EMPHASIS – To be clear why I’m doing this work – it’s pure 100% passion for Retro-Gaming and nostalgia. This is NOT a competition and NOT for resale purposes. **
– Every ROMS gone through, all working and tested.
*A very small 1% chance (Arcade only) that a rom may not load, you simply need to press A after launch and point it to proper emulator. Please report this on discord and we will do our best to make it work.
– Completely cleaned and revamped all artwork (skraper.net) and some gamelist.xml optimized with more meta data.
*Retain all previous (/boxart /cartart /wheel /wheelcarbon /snap /marquee) facilitates switching Front-Ends Attract/Hyperpin style or EmulationStation!
– Hands down the best lightweight (simple to use) AttractMode aka Hyperspin (only 350MB)updated layouts/themes/artwork (highly optimized and for all systems!!!!!)
* Added Display System Menu Screen on boot. You can press select at anytime to navigate system.
* 2 different options for /wheel (transparent titles) or /wheelcarbon (round carbon edge), you can press B+UP, select emulator and simply change wheel path.
* Overclock is not required but recommended if you plan to use it as your main front-end.
– Updated all core packages to latest and greatest 4.3.13
– Added additional enhanced RetroPie Setup Menu scripts (ES Collections, Disable Music, Power Function, Switch Frontend ES or Attract, Overclock, System Info etc…)
*Shout-out to MotionBlue6 to provide some great enhanced scripts!
– Pre-Generated top 12 ES Custom Arcade Classic collections, enable top 5 by default. Enable from ES->Start->GAME COLLECTION…
– Total 6900+ quality console/arcade/ports/pc games (I DO NOT ENDORSE ANYONE MAKING ANY MONEY WITH THIS BUILD, ONLY FOR HOBBY AND TESTING PURPOSES!)
– Compressed all ROMS (zip) and CD based games (PBP,CHD,CSO)
– 6 Ports (Quake Bundle, Duke Nukem 3D & **BRUTAL DOOM!**)
– Note: Best experience with keyboard/mouse but controllers have limited functions and it works.
– Custom Arcade Bezels (Arcade Old School) collection
*Special Notes: You have several other bezels/shaders available to customize.
– Fixed several Arcade games to boot and perform better.
*Shout-out to MLP for the awesome support – emulators.cfg file was key with over 3000+ entries!
– Optimized Dreamcast and N64 (works 480p/720p) – these are still alpha builds and are not 100%
*Special notes all games have been extracted and optimized to use any emulator, but it’s best if you OVERCLOCK.
– You will need 128GB SD card, this is jammed pack – however left you some room to add more.
– My playlist music collection (not annoying but you can customize or disable for RPMenu)
– 5 top random splashscreen videos on boot (can customize)
– Added some preferred pre-loaded themes boxalloyred, greenalicious, crazycard and comicbook. All work well and tested.
*Special notes: Attract mode added with best optimized layouts for all systems, works find as is without OC, however if you plan to use Attract Mode as you main front-end at all time, i would recommend to Overclock.
– Fix retroarch mainly for Arcade not saving on exit and disabled auto save/load state
Title=”128gb.Retropie.Remix.Revamp Hyrbid Megamix.Gold Edition V5.0 – VirtualMan″