Its been a while but Virtualman is back with a solid image for the Raspberry Pi 3b / 3b+, with full Attract Mode (and a very sexy EmulationStation). Running at 128gb this image is loaded!
** EMPHASIS – TARGETED ALL DECADES 70’s, 80’s, 90’s and 2000+ there is something for everyone that should bring back good memories! **
** EMPHASIS – To be clear why I’m doing this work – it’s pure 100% passion for Retro-Gaming and nostalgia. This is NOT a competition and NOT for resale purposes. **
*IMPORTANT UPDATE*: Arcade set completely revamped, tested and all 100% working with custom emulator/tweaks and Bezel Project applied!
** ADDITIONS **
– Brand new dedicated ES collection theme “Arcade Old School” – Thank you @DwayneHurst for the great work!
– 100% ARCADE revamped collection with netnew XML/artwork.
– 100% Pre-installed ARCADE BEZEL PROJECT Enable, configured and tweaked with proper emulator and BP bezel applied when applicable.
– Improved Custom Arcade Old School collection (165 to 350!)
– Gameboy Color
– Nintendo DS (top 50 but not all tested but been told from good source they work)
– PSP Minis (top 15+ games and fully tested)
– Top 5 Daphne and works with controller (no keyboard required)
– Change retroarch to save autostates to /home/pi/RetroPie/saves/
– Tons of artwork fixes and gamelist.xml optimization
– Compressed several system video snaps (much smaller in size and quality acceptable)
– Updated RetroPie and all core applications updated to 4.4.2
– Added script (Factory Reset Controller by @2Play!) comes in handy (can be done offline, NO INTERNET REQUIRED)
– Added some preferred pre-loaded 4 of my fav themes. All support collections.
– Added extra layouts for Attractmode for new added systems and future systems.
– Added 5 new music track
– Added 5 new splashscreen videos
– Replace several romset/gamelist.xml/artwork with No Intro collection!
– Pre-Loaded Files/Drivers (Waveshare Game-HAT) To install, just execute # sudo ./boot/Game-HAT/Game-HAT
* This will let you use Game-HAT on the go and I tweaked it so you can still plug to HDTV like normal to play with your friends. *
** FEATURES **
– Custom ES Themes that supports VMAN very own Arcade Old School custom collection!
– 40 top music collection (not annoying but you can customize or disable for RPMenu)
– 20 top random splashscreen videos on boot (can customize)
– Compressed all ROMS (zip) and CD based games (PBP,CHD,CSO)
– 6 Ports (Quake Bundle, Duke Nukem 3D & **BRUTAL DOOM!**)
– Note: Best experience with keyboard/mouse but controllers have limited functions and it works.
– Completely cleaned and revamped all artwork (skraper.net) and all gamelist.xml optimized with more meta data.
– All ROMS gone through and have at a minimum artwork (mixart, wheel and video snap).
– Hands down the best lightweight (simple to use) AttractMode aka Hyperspin (Just under 550MB)updated layouts/themes/artwork (highly optimized and for all systems!!!!!)
– Pre-Generated top 10 ES Custom Arcade Classic collections, enable all of theme by default. Enable/Disable from ES->Start->GAME COLLECTION…
– Custom Arcade Bezels (Arcade Old School) collection
– Fully tested Arcade Set 1750 (All Working!!!)
** FIXES **
– Tons of arcade games optimization/mods and fixes and tons of TLT (Tender Loving Tuning) for Bezels & Emulators
– asplashscreen.sh changed -o both to -o also to fix audio volume for GPIO pins.
– vidoemodes.cfg fixed few lines that had corruption
– Tons of small minor Arcade / n64 tweaks (emulators.cfg) modified and please share if you have any tweaks for any other games.
– Overclock setting set to 1500mhz vs. 1550mhz for Pi3B+
– Attractmode Video pause issue, set Video decoder to “mmal”
– Retroarch for all systems not saving on exit and enable/disable auto save/load state should work now.
** Known Issues **
– Arcade: Crackdown (slow game-play but playable, you can play same game on Sega Genesis 100%)
– N64: as you all know not all will load (some won’t load at all and some requires press A to tweak emulator to load etc…).
– N64: I want to leave this library with you to tweak so one day emulators (software and hardware) will get better overtime to hopefully run these n64 games. You can delete as you see fit.