When CrazyMAC drops a pack it aint just Mr Mac going crazy! In this “FINAL” version 2 build CrazyMAC you get the full Retro Gaming experience via RetroArch (even through the Retroarch channel if you installed it!) with 55 systems and over 11k games! This was linked to us by an anonymous source who simply described it as “completing my Wii-U build!”
Install this at your OWN RISK!! No harm was done to any Wii U consoles during testing.
– Your Wii U MUST be hacked!!!!
– Minimum size 128GB SD Card, format to MS DOS Fat 32
– Make sure you ALWAYS eject the SD card on your PC or Mac!!!!
_ ONLY insert the SD Card into your Wii U when the console is off!!!!
– If you want to use a 64GB SD then delete from the roms folder these 2 folders;
– NEC – PC Engine CD 55.42GB
– NEC – TurboGrafx CD 22.61GB
**even though the rom folders are deleted, the games will still show in RetroArch due to the playlist files, follow the steps below to remove the playlist for PC Engine CD & TurboGrafx CD.**
– Copy these 3 folders to the root of your SD Card
– If you already have the wiiu/apps/ folders then just copy the retroarch folder from wiiu/apps/ into your current wiiu/apps/folder. If you do not have a wiiu folder on your sd card then copy the wiiu folder to the root of your sd card
– The install folder contains the channel forwarder so you can install RetroArch on your Wii U home screen with WUP Installer GX2
Copy the install folder also to the root of your sd card
If you installed the RetroArch Channel Forwarder then you can launch RetroArch from your Home Screen, if you didn’t then launch RetroArch from the the HomeBrew Launcher
Navigate Retroarch using the D Pad or left joystick
A is select and B is Back
Start will start most games
To scroll through game list FASTER use L1 & R1
To exit a game press Home Button then scroll down to close content
Arcade Games the – button is Coin Credits
Press the Right joystick to Pause in Game
** To make the scrolling even faster you can disable one of the artworks either screenshot or boxart in settings > user interface > appearance **
Now fixed and working fine with Gamepad
The Following Controllers where tested on this image (You do not need to bind the buttons, they are set by default)
– Wii U Game Pad (This is the default controller)
– Wii U Pro Controller
– Wii Pro Controller plugged into Wiimote
To change controllers, you do not need to bind the keys (Unless you really want to) follow these steps;
** Make sure all controllers you want to connect are on **
Go to settings > Input > User 1 Binds >, use right arrow key to cycle through “User 1 Device Index” to change from Gamepad to Wii U Pro Controller.
Do the same for user 2
Be sure to go all the way back to the start to Configuration File (It is above Help & Quit Retroarch”) > Save Current Configuration
** TIP During this process if you disable User 1 Device Index, you will need to hold the power button to reboot the Wii U console and start again **
TIP – to use the joysticks together with the D Pad, in User 1 Binds, change with right arrow “User 1 Analog to Digital Type” to “Left Analog” then save config file. Repeat for User 2 if using 2 controllers.
Arcade Roms loading upside down.
By default many of the vertical games load upside down in Retroarch, I have added an extra config line in the bezel config files to rotate the upside down vertical games 180 degrees, this has fixed 99% of the vertical Arcade games, I have not tested all of them so if an Arcade game loads upside down it can be permanently fixed easily by the following steps;
– Once game loads upside down press Home Button to access quick menu
– Press back and go to settings > video
– scroll down to rotation and change it to the current displayed opposite – either normal or 180 deg.
– go back to quick menu by pressing B
– scroll to bottom, overides, SAVE GAME OVERIDE! (DO NOT SAVE CORE OVERIDE)
– Back scroll up and resume game 🙂
This image comes with the complete port of the bezel project for the first time to the Wii U, here are some tips for the bezels;
– the bezels are configured for 16:9 aspect ratio ONLY and will work with 1080P and 4k TV’s
– The handheld bezels are preconfigured for 1920x1080p TV’s (4K TV’s are OK as the Wii U max output is 1920x1080P)
– IF the handheld systems bezels are showing incorrectly then you can disable them by deleting the cfg file in RetroArch/config/emulator folders
eg the Game Boy Advance Bezel config file is located at retroarch/config/mGBA/mGBA.cfg
DO NOT DO THE FOLLOWING UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!
– Save Configuration on exit is set to OFF, DO NOT Change this or you will screw up the bezels!! So if you make any changes you will have to save the configuration file manually every time, configurations > save current configuration
– This is a complete build with custom playlists and roms. Do Not Scan the rom folders in retroarch
– Do not update Retroarch unless you have made a back up of this download
– Do not update any assets or Media Artwork, all the artwork and media is custom to this build.
– Do Not change the emulator that is set for the system/playlist. The emulator is hard coded into the playlist
To remove Roms and playlists follow these steps
– Move the relevant playlist file you wish to remove from retroarch/cores/playlists/ into retroarch/cores/playlists/Spare Playlists
– If you want to save space on your sd card as well then delete the matching roms & artwork folder
– roms folders are located in roms/
– artwork folders are located in retroarch/media/thumbnails
Games Compatibility on Wii U
– All Console/Handhelds Roms should load and play fine
– Some Arcade Roms will cause the system to crash, this is an emulator/RetroArch/Wii U issue with no fix at this stage. If a crash like this occurs, restart the console by holding the power button.
|RELEASE NAME:||Wii.U.Retro.Ultimate.V2.0 -CrazyMAC|
Highly advise using USENET (NZB) to download this, it’ll come SCREAMING down your line if you use one of our approved UseNet suppliers – see this page for more information. Note if your usenet (nzb) client is claiming there is a password then you need to use a different client – we DO NOT share password protected archives unless otherwise informed.
If using torrent we highly recommend using TIXATI on larger images as can handle large chunks BIGGER and FASTER!!