Those immortal words “you are in a room” uttered by your guides as you stand blindfolded in a room, created by virtual reality that we the viewer, and your guides can see, but alas you see nothing. Knightmare, a programme broadcast from the late 80s to mid 90s on UK TV (ITV if I recall correctly!) – admit it, we all wanted to go on the show with our mates, none of us did. But now 30 years later, WE CAN!
JamesUk, who is mentioned on the official Knightmare website, has been hacking the hell out of his computer and has started to re-create the Knightmare.
With the rediscovery of the Knightmare VR music, my interest in Knightmare was rekindled. I pondered on the possibilty of recreating areas of Knightmare in VR. I initially decided to focus my attention on Series 7, as Series 7 contained many advances in the computer technology with some of the rooms being completely CGI. I decided to start with the Sewers of Goth as from a texture/architecture POV, it looked pretty basic. – JamesUK June 2015
Main project aims
1) Recreate the rooms with the aim to try and be as faithful as I can with regards to the art style
2) Where possible, try and find master sound recordings that were used and utilise them to provide an instant sense of familiarity to immerse the user in the soundscapes that they grew up with and maybe got scared of!
JamesUK last post on what we can find to be the only official forum or update of project was December 28th, 2015 – here –
this could be the ONLY reason to buy an OcRift so far!!
Just before we go , heres a look at JimTheRevelator 25th Anniversary Knightmare Documentary for the fans out there!
Latest posts by Arcade Punk (see all)
- New Raspberry Pi 4 B – Retro Gaming and Comparison Chart - June 24, 2019
- Teknoparrot Emulator Brings Fully Working Transformer Human Alliance - June 24, 2019
- 200gb Supreme Unified Ultra (Plus ‘ROMless’ 8gb lite version!) - June 23, 2019