System builders, suppliers and Pi enthusiasts everywhere always have HUGE debates over ‘supplying systems with roms’, We’ve seen systems come fully loaded with themes, media but no roms, and have often wondered how those new to the scene would populate the roms (this probably explains the popularity of ‘pre built’ images with roms). Here Team ZT offer up a few alternatives.
First we have The Luc Francoeur version which contains all the required emulators too, and then we have the Devon Dunnington version which does NOT contain the emulators, however BOTH images, are just freaking awesome – both images allow you to download whatever systems and roms you require, from pre-set menus, with loads being added all the time!
Both versions include the awesome GAMEWIZARD script (which really should be called ROMSCRAPER – as this literally downloads the roms from various places!), this also include the On/off script (works with Borkin Button), system background music (Zelda) and is Zram (Memory Split: 762 GPU / 521 CPU). Also the usual, samba shares, Ssh, Pre-installed Bios, Launching art, a set of pre-installed themes! , also Kodi – Team ZT lite Build and Pixel Desktop .
SETTING UP GAMEWIZARD
Note we used the basic theme in this sample video – there are many more themes including video preview themes….
HOW TO USE
The video above shows the set up of the GameWizard and how to use it to download your roms to your drive.
- Download the image (from our Pi Downloads Page)
- Un-archive the files and flash to your micro SD card
- Make sure your controller and a network lead is plugged in
- Put it in the Pi and enjoy the boot video!
- Set up your controller
- Ensure you have network connection
- Go to RETROPIE > RASPI-CONFIG > ADVANCED >EXPAND FILE SYSTEM
- Once rebooted, go into the RETROPIE menu again then click GAMEWIZARD
- Accept the agreement
- Choose what you want to download!
There is a standalone of the GameWizard script, however the authors will not support it on ‘non-official’ images.
Note: the music might still play in some emulators . Good rule of thumb if it’s a lr- based emulator the music will stop. A fix is being worked on for this.
Latest posts by Arcade Punk (see all)
- 32gb Retro Computers Image “Neon” from DZ – not your usual Pi Image! - May 21, 2019
- 2tb Origins – Original Xbox Fully Loaded Front End - May 19, 2019
- 32gb Pi Boy Image for Raspberry Pi – RecalBox - May 15, 2019