Even with no official Pi 4 version of Retropie to date (there are Beta versions) there is a fantastic collection of Pi 4 Images to download, all more than fully functional from The 200gb Damaso, to the 200gb PiPiggies, all the way up to the 512gb Virtualman and now what feels like the “Cherry on top” – the absolute AWESOME 256gb Wolfanoz offering, based on the latest Supreme Team Base image and it truly is an image worth downloading and using – Check it out !
Wolfanoz Supreme Pro 256GB
Well, I told all of you I’d be back once the Pi 4 showed up. 🙂
I diligently waited patiently as there was a friendly Pi base to work with, ironically, knowing the Supreme Team mostly well, they happened to come up with a great base in testing it for them. A few months worth of work has paid off and you’ll soon see for yourself! 🙂
Thanks goes first off to the Supreme Team for their input and flexibility, Dwayne Hurst (still think your art’s damned amazing buddy despite “retirement”) for his amazing themes, David Marti, Arcade Punks, We’re Dirty Gaming, Kio Diekin, Level1Online, 2Dai4 (Bobby), 2Play, therexershow and all others who’ve been more than friendly and open with this community and their input.
– I will say the games that formerly couldn’t play well Arcade and some consoles actually play now. (Crusin USA still runs slow, which is depressing trying all emulators). Killer Instinct arcade games still doesn’t play 100% but it’s getting there, I included them anyway. 🙂
– More lightgun games (and an added section in ES for it) as well as Area 51 / Maximum Force which run great! (Personal favorites of mine). You can set up Aimtrak guns within the Supreme Pro menus. Pretty simple as I have one myself. Takes a bit of configuring but I can’t highly recommend Aimtrak any more than I already do.
– Added Vector and Trackball sections as well in ES.
– You will need a keyboard for some of the PC based emulation and games (other than MSX2, C64 (uses a built in programmed keyboard by hitting the shoulder buttons), SCUMMVM works with your controller as well)) as standard. Keyboard mostly for game selection choices, as controllers work for them as tested.
– Unfortunately, OpenBOR isn’t completely controller menu friendly (yet) even though games are set up in the ES menu for it to show you what’s availible. You’ll need to choose the game you picked from the menu with a keyboard (and set it up with your controller) when you enter it. I included OpenBOR still because it has great games. (Masters of the Universe game in particular is awesome!)
– Dreamcast is set up using Redream (hallelujah!) totally. You may possibly need to configure (or reconfigure) your controller for it with a keyboard once you’re loaded in.
1) Just hit ESC and go to the choices above with W,S,A,D and L to confirm with a keyboard, if so.
2) Games run full speed now for Dreamcast. I added a bunch of hits I was able to shrink more into CHD format.
– Intellivision works with the controller and the bumper buttons of your controller to bring up the number pad from the original system. It may be a bit wonky at times control-wise but be patient with it, just reboot if needed.
– May be worth it to overclock for N64 purposes if you have a proper cooling solution. (I recommend the 1700 OC setting in the menus). lr-mupenplus works great now compared to the Pi 3 and thanks to the hardware increase. Crusin USA mostly does work here (some janky lag) but it’s playable!
– Drastic (Nintendo DS emulator) is wonky but works as is (your controller may vary). Trying to set up individual controls was impossible for some unknown reason, even after re-installing. BUT, it’s the best emulator for DS games as opposed to the libretro ones which don’t run that great. Trigger is your “touch” for the analog stylus. Escape out with your keyboard. Until hopefully there’s a better solution or update.
I would have LOVE to have added Sega Saturn and Atari Jaguar but they still don’t run great due to the Pi 4’s hardware limitations. If it doesn’t run great, I particularly don’t include it on my images but since some games run A LOT better now, I made an exception. Those consoles however run great on my 3TB Launchbox build. I guess we’ll see with the Pi 5 or the next single board powerhouse that comes along.
I hope you all enjoy as it’s a little something for everyone! I prefer to work on quality as best as I possibly can when it comes to images in general so I know some fans are impatent but it’s worth the wait! You’ll see!
God bless, be safe and have fun!
Wolfanoz has spoke with the Supreme Team who have kindly offered to host any “fixes” via their Fix tool (in options!) – one of the fixes currently being hosted is a screensaver fix, but you can do that yourself follow this quick video :-
256gb Too big for you ? Consoles not wanted? How about a 64gb Arcade Only Raspberry Pi 4 Image from your Wolf? Rumour has it, its on the way 😉
Want to download this quick we highly suggest using the NZB file via NEWSGROUPS/USENET, for more information on usenet, click HERE – have this download at your ISP full speed without the need to wait or seed!