This is HYPERSPIN, No its not, its ATTRACT MODE, Errr well, its Hyperspin as Attract Mode, or Attract Mode as Hyperspin – WTF!!! – This ATTRACT MODE PC FRONT END is pretending to be Hyperspin, its been created by some of the top names in the retro gaming front end scene and is just AMAZING! Welcome to Hyperspin Attraction.
We will let the authors tell you some more about it!
2020 has been quite a terrible year and several families weren’t able to spend Christmas together due to COVID-19. Therefore, this build was shared to family and privately at the time where the main idea was to have people enjoying some good old retro fun mimicking the HyperSpin experience with a few twists using Attract-Mode frontend instead.2021 arrived and the situation is still bad. With it came an idea for an updated version with new features and some changes for everyone to enjoy so here it is.Some info:
A selection of games (529 total) from 5 arcade systems:
- Arcade (0.228 set)
- Sega Model 2
- Sega Model 3
- Sega Naomi
- Sammy Atomiswave
– It uses HD themed videos made from HS original themes, including some never before seen ones. It supports original HS transitions and other familiar HS characteristics.
– It uses a master romlist together with a filter to make adding more games for the systems included a simple drag and drop experience. Just add the roms and art assets to the respective folders and you’re good to go. Games will instantly appear in the frontend. You don’t need to generate your romlist ever again. Let me rephrase that: DO NEVER GENERATE A NEW ROMLIST!
– You will find examples of custom collections being done directly with AM filters in the main menu. So all games are shown directly from the master romlist. Favorites, Genres, Manufacturer, Series…
You name it!
– Layouts support 16:9 and 4:3. By default it’s 16:9 and in games menu has the option enabled to keep HS themes as 4:3 original ratio with real arcade borders. You can change or disable that and many other options in layout options with AM menu.
– For Windows, 64bits
– Configured by default for Xbox 360/Xbox One controller mapping
– Technical stuff, check folder: help_faqsCredits and Special thanks:
Yaron2019 – Attract-Mode layout design, code and art
All the people that created HyperSpin themes over the years
Background video in main menu for “Settings”: Mechanical Principles (1930) by Ralph Steiner
agent47 – RocketLauncher mame module fix
AlexDC22 – Support, many arcade bezels, Sega Naomi and Sammy Atomiswave bezels
Enkak – build and layout modifications
John – New HyperSpin themes, feedback and controller input help
Krakerman – Many arcade bezels
mryoung – Support
Ninja2bceen – Intro video
nono6493 – Many arcade bezels
Oomek – Help with Attract-mode code
rand0m: Exit overlay Attract-mode code
RetroHumanoid – Several RocketLauncher related artwork like bezels, Pause menu and others
Shadow – Find and Replace tool
smithis – support and feedback
uv777bk – Fade loading screens
XxThaRealist1xX – Support
HyperSpin, Launchbox and Retropie communities
The Bezel Project
NOTE: A Few Windows 10 users have had issues getting this to boot, it seems the fix , as suggested by James Cooper (in the comments below) –
For those who can`t seem to launch this build there`s a easy fix. Go to http://attractmode.org/download.html and download the 32-bit version even if your system is 64-bit. Extract the files and copy the attract.exe and paste it to the root of the folder where you have the Hyperspin Attraction build and launch via that attract.exe it should work after that.
Since its original release the base, update 1 + update 2 , have been repacked for a September 2021 release as seen HERE