Aladdins AIOFE (All in one Front End) is a SimpleTouch FE based front end menu fully loaded with touchscreen Quiz Games, Slots and more – the guide below gives you a complete STEP BY STEP method of installing it to “the tee”. People often ask why “Windows XP” thats because most of the quiz games are compatible with this operating system (over double the amount available on more modern operating systems) .
You will need
- An older PC capable of running Windows XP with AT LEAST 100gb hard drive
- The All in one Front End Pack, downloaded and extracted (see link at the bottom of this page!)
- Winrar ( www.rarlabs.com )
- A blank CD (or in some cases large usb stick)
- A Device (such as USB External Hard drive) to transfer files from one PC to another
- A touchscreen monitor (although this is needed to play, not to install!)
ONCE YOU HAVE DOWNLOADED
if you downloaded via torrent, Usenet or 1fichier you will need to know EXTRACT all the files, this is a quick process, requires you to download and install WINRAR (link above) – on the PC you are using to get everything ready (and NOT THE TOUCHSCREEN PC!).
Heres a quick HOW TO on how to EXTRACT the rar archives you have downloaded:- CLICK HERE
LETS GET STARTED!
Aladdin advises we all use the same version of Windows XP as his, so he highly advises following the steps from start to finish, however, if you have an install ready and do not want to re-install the operating system then please make sure you have a partition as a second drive (or even a second drive) of AT LEAST 50gb and skip straight to step 15.
You should have downloaded and extracted everything and be left with this folder layout on your local (not the touchscreen) computer.
1) In the “BURN THIS TO CDR” Folder you will find a file called VRMPVOL_EN.iso.
This image needs to be “burnt” to disc. If you usually install windows via USB and opt to use RUFUS and install via USB stick instead then please note that some installations have been known to fail once copying files begins – but it could be worth trying!
2) Once you have your burnt CD you will need to ensure your new touchscreen PC is able to boot from CD ROM you may need to make this setting in the BIOS
3) Insert the Burnt Windows XP CD into your CD-ROM and reboot your machine.
4) The Windows XP files will begin loading into memory.
5) When the Welcome to Setup screen appear press Enter.
6) The next screen should be the license agreement. Press F8 to accept.
7) Set up will now search your hard drive to see if any other installations of XP exist on your drive. If a copy of XP is found you will be given the option of either Repairing or Installing a New Copy. Select Install New Copy.
8) The next screen will show all existing partitions and unpartitioned space. Use the arrow keys to select the partition or unpartitioned space you require. Now if you want to Delete a partition press D followed by L on the next screen. We want to delete ALL the partitions on the main hard drive.
9) After all partitions have been deleted you can select the unpartitioned space and begin creating the new partition. To Create a partition in the unpartitioned space press C.
10) On the next screen type the size of your new partition in megabytes minus 50gb for drive w and then press Enter. So ensure to deduct 51000mb from whatever max size you are able to set the first C partition.
11) then create a partition in the unpartioned space remaining which should be 51000mb (the 50gb required for the games drive) – the next screen will be the format screen.
12) using the Up and Down Arrow keys select the file system you want your partition to be formatted in and press Enter. Format the partition by using the NTFS file system (Quick).
13) Once the partitions are formatted return to the C drive and press ENTER to install Windows XP at the larger of the 2 partitions.
14) If you are asked for it the XP serial is D36RK-QDFFD-BTWWY-BT7KK-43MGM
15) Once Windows has installed you need to copy over the “PROGRAMS TO INSTALL ONCE WINDOWS INSTALLED” folder and run them in the order of their folders , 001 Winrar, 002 AIO Runtimes, 03 Win XP SP4 update then finally 04 EDO Video Codec – the machine may want to reboot a few times between them, thats fine, allow it!
16) You may find there may be some failed installed after running 02 AIO RUNTIMES, in which case run it AGAIN after installing 03 WIN XP SP4 UPDATE
17) Click on MY COMPUTER (in the start menu) , Then click the UP icon, so you see “desktop” then RIGHT CLICK the MY COMPUTER icon and choose MANAGE – select DISK MANAGEMENT
18) You should now see (disk 0 possibly) 2 partitions of the drive, the main C partition (dont touch this!) and the second partition – right click the second partition (possibly name D/E or something) and choose FORMAT and then ensure NTFS is selected and check “PERFORM QUICK FORMAT” then hit OK, once it has formatted RIGHT CLICK the partition again and choose CHANGE DRIVE LETTER AND PATHS , Click the current letter and then click CHANGE, ASSIGN THE LETTER “W” To the drive and click OK.
19) Now copy everything from INSIDE “COPY OVER TO THE ROOT OF W” over to the roof (base) of the newly created W drive.
20) If you have one screen then copy everything over from the folder “IF YOU HAVE 1 SCREEN COPY THESE OVER TO W fruitmachine2screens FOLDER” to w:\fruitmachine2screens\ , if you have two screens then copy over everything from “IF YOU HAVE 2 SCREENS COPY THESE OVER TO W fruitmachine2screens FOLDER” to w:\fruitmachine2screens\
21) Everything is now installed, create a shortcut to simpletouchFE and FeConfig on the desktop – you can do this by going to the w:\SimpleTouch FE and RIGHT CLICKING on FECONFIG and choosing “CREATE SHORTCUT” and then doing the same on STFE , then when you have both short cuts highlighted drag them over to the desktop (or copy and paste if you are not a “dragger!”)
22) Now you need to do some PC checks and ensure you have the sound, video and of course, touchscreen drivers (at least) for your PC, you will need to google the PC name and model number with the words “WINDOWS XP DRIVER” , ensure you download from the manufactures site, or at least a reputable drivers site, do not install programs such as “driver finder” which are just malware – ask in the official Touchscreen Machines FaceBook group for help with your drivers if you are having no luck finding via Google.
23) Once your drivers are installed, no doubt your PC will need rebooting, once rebooted you should be good to go , simply run SIMPLETOUCHFE shortcut on your desktop , if you wish to change the theme then exit SIMPLETOUCH FE and run FECONFIG and choose a theme.
Some touchscreen games may not work – ask in the group how to remove non-working games, or better yet, ask if they can fixed – there are some known issues with fruit machines on single or dual screens, and a large chunk of people dont seem to realise how important it is to have your PC Drivers installed (step 22) in order for things to work.
If you have a “decent” older PC and everything is running sweet, but would prefer video snapshots in your main menu then in the folder w:\SimpleTouch FE\Config\ you can rename the folder “Config01” to “Config01 old” and rename “Config01 vids” to “Config01” to activate all video snapshots instead of stills in the menu
DOWNLOAD FROM OUR TOUCHSCREEN APPS PAGE