Moments after announcing the SORN M5 Launchbox No-Intro addon for the original Colpipes1978 No Intro Launchbox, SteelCityJJ brings ANOTHER tribute to a great pack, The Philips CD-i (which we totally spelt wrong in some places!!). Back in 2018 ColPipes1978 dropped a fully loaded 200gb Launchbox PC install – and then he took a step forward and released a huge bunch of FULLY LOADED Add-on packs for it – then he changed his name to CP78 and moved on to CP78 All Hits No Shit -n a man called SteelCityJJ decided he was going to lay his skill on the line and make some packs of his own to share with fellow Arcade Punks….
Like any good Launchbox install, you cant go wrong upgrading to BigBox to get the full front end experience, but hell, you’re gonna be wayyyy too busy playing games!
1) Extract folders into the install directory
2) NOTE if you have added your own systems DONT Copy Global Emulators.ini
It should be the same emu as Turbograhx CD but if you have issues make sure you have this in your Global Emulators.ini. You only need it once
3) a. You can load a normal MAME game using RetroArch and change options
Enable softlists (OFF)
Media type cdrm
Boot from CLI (ON)
3) b. You can edit retroarch-core-options.cfg in D:\Launchbox No Intro\Emulators\RetroArch
mame_boot_from_cli = “enabled”
mame_media_type = “cdrm”
mame_mouse_enable = “enabled”
mame_softlists_auto_media = “enabled”
4) In RocketLauncher choose Philips CD-I as system. Click Emulators icon. Click edit Global Module Settings button. Click Philips CD-I tab. Make sure LibRetro_Core = mame_libretro and AspectRatioIndex = Core Provided
5) Play and enjoy!
WATCH THIS SPACE LOTS MORE TO COME!!
For support on this add-on visit SteelCityJJ’s Forum Post HERE
Title=”Launchbox No Intro Philips CD-i – SteelCityJJ″
Latest posts by Arcade Punk (see all)
- Retropie on the Raspberry Pi 4 – Our options so far - August 22, 2019
- 180gb Retroscrub USB Pack from Solidius and YB (Magnus RC) - August 21, 2019
- 64gb Playstation Classic Kids Build from Solidius - August 21, 2019