Over on our Forums, Fahad Wazim shared with us his latest version 4 ISO image for original hardware Taito Type x3, OVER 400 GAMES and designed for original hardware (and some tweaking for other!) – easily burn image to a 1tb SSD and pop into your original TTX3 system. Heres a video of an earlier release
Check out the original forum post and get involved HERE
I am part of the team that created it and we have no affiliation with any sites, so we are happy for you to post it up on your site.It’s a Windows 10 image, designed to write to a 1TB SSD.It contains most of the games for these systems.TTX1TTX2TTX3NESICANESICA2ES3RINGEDGE/EDGE2/WIDENEOGEO MAMECAVE MAMECPS1 MAMELASERDISCThey are all configured with keyboard functionality working, and there is an exe file that will also run alongside this that interfaces the keyboard to arcade controls if you are using the TTX3 FASTIO or JVS io boards.If you don’t have the IO boards, it just works fine by keyboard. It has a nice frontend using the artfate nesica attract mode menu.So, whilst it is for the TTX3 arcade system, you can plug the HDD into a heap of other computers, install the drivers and it will work fine.We will continue to update this iso in the future as we have plans to add a lot more games.
– A computer or TTX3 unit with a JVS/FASTIO IO board. If you’re using a computer you will want the internal io card from the TTX3
– XBOX 1 Gamepad, keyboard and mouse for games that require it.
– Arcade cabinet?
– 1TB SSD Drive
– 1080p Screen(a lot of games will work on 720p screens, some won’t, just try it and see what happens)
– NO CARD READER REQUIRED!
1. Download and unzip the image file, it’s compressed with 7zip. It’s highly compressed and can take a long time to uncompress. Many hours on some computers, this is normal. The image is 1TB
2. Once you have the image uncompressed, use a program such as Balena Etcher or DD to write the image to your 1TB SSD. We prefer Balena etcher if you are using Windows as it will verify the image after write. It will take a long time to write the image, some hours at least.
3. Now that you have your image written to your 1TB SSD, connect it to your TTX3.
4. Start your TTX3 and press CTRL+ALT+F9 to enter your TTX3 bios when the unit starts.
5. Enter bios password opentdeg to access the bios.
6. Disable HDD security in the bios.
7. Make sure your HDD mode is set to IDE and not AHCI.
8. Boot your TTX3 with the 1TB SSD and your IO board connected and it should now boot to the menu.
9. Connect your keyboard and goto the UTILS menu (keys W & E will navigate the filter left and right) and select your IO type, if you are using JVS, select ENABLE JVS, if you are using FASTIO, select ENABLE FASTIO. Wait for the system to reboot and it should be working.
10. Enable the mouse from UTILS menu for the next step.
11. Goto UTILS menu and open Teknoparrot, select all the games which are shooting games in teknoparrot and choose CONTROLLER SETUP. You will need to configure the controls for all the gun shooting games. (the reason for this is because it uses your unique usb device as the control, so if we configure it for our mouse, it won’t work with yours, if you don’t want to play the gun games then just ignore this, but the controls for those games won’t work until you do).
12. Disable mouse from utils menu.
13. Run the Atomiswave/Naomi mouse fix from the UTILS menu.
Title=”Multi Image Artax ISO -V4″