Virtualman has been dropping images left, right and center once again, already he has re-worked his 512gb Pi 4 image, and re-released as “re-loaded” (on site soon) – and although there are some serious issues with his love towards us here at Arcade Punks – here we are sharing his latest 64 GB RASPBERRY PI 4 image, based on his BEASTY Retro-Bliss release!
From the same Loaded 512GB Pi4 Retro-Bliss-Revolution image you all love, but shrunk down to 64GB (20GB free) and targeted for Arcade cab and Arcade1up modes/enthusiast in mind! This is a light version to get you all started as DIY build and make it your own to expand on as you see fit.
** This Pi image is pre-pishrinked (this is because there is way less systems-roms has lots of empty space)! **
1. What this means only on FIRST BOOT you will see partial splash screen video load then followed by black screen, it will reboot a couple times on it’s own to AUTO expand. (GIVE IT AT LEAST 1-3 MINUTES and LET IT COMPLETE this will vary depending on size SD card/type you have.)
2. THIS is NORMAL, SECOND BOOT boot you should see normal intro splash screen video and behind scenes (ALL WILL BE OPERATIONAL!) and you should see EmulationStation. (THIS IS A GOOD SIGN).
NOTE: IF YOU KILL IT it wont expand and you ll get errors that you have 0KB space and wont save any settings you do afterwards and will give you errors in any emulator. This only applies for pre-pishrinked images.
**THIS IMAGE is 100% tailored for 1080p TV’s/Monitors**
– 4K TV users a permanent fix is here. Check How-To thread.
– 4KTV users, it’s hit and miss with certain brand. Please read the known issues and possible workarounds!
** Only plug my HDMI cable to HDMI-0= Plug HDMI to HDMI-0 port on the Raspberry Pi4, which is right
next to power port. **
** How to connect to Pi to access files-folders **:
Easiest way from Windows PC access from file explorer and point to “\\playbox4” without quotes and you will have access to roms, configs and much more.
Other method you can use SSH/Winscp connect to host: playbox4 and username: pi and password: PlayBox (case sensitive).
** PLAYBOX is Pre-Enabled usb mode, so what what this means you also have the option to flash to external Hard-drive.
– Virtualman recommends to use SD card if all possible, however WE WILL NOT SUPPORT anyone choosing Hard-drive route.
Going forward for any VMAN Post-Fixes, from EmulationStation -> Options -> VMAN BUILD POST-FIXES
(Stay up-to-date with latest post-fixes and other tools) It will pull from VMAN’s very own github.
It appears Virtualman has added a fix script in the options > Vman Build Post-Fixes, this is amazing and really great forward thinking, avoiding the need to keep re-releasing the same bases time and time again, heres hoping Virtualman will take full advantage of his new script!
Want to download this quick we highly suggest using the NZB file via NEWSGROUPS/USENET, for more information on usenet, click HERE – have this download at your ISP full speed without the need to wait or seed!
NOTE: Files are UNALTERED – Arcade Punks do NOT edit or alter any files or images – We may, on occasion Archive them up to save YOUR bandwidth but our extracted files are EXACTLY like the source (its very easy to CRC check) – People may say “DONT DOWNLOAD FROM APUNKS” this is because they want you to use their system of registration/paying/donating/data collection, or they are unhappy about our share retro to all ethos – if seeking support in their forums/discord ensure you DO NOT mention that you downloaded FOR FREE, WITHOUT HASSLE from Arcade Punks – it is EXACTLY the same files.