HermanMunster is back with a fantastic add-on pack for his Raspberry Pi Based Scare Portrait (released before Halloween!) – This add-on pack is to transform those scary Halloween portraits (vertical) into something more usable for the time of the year, we’ve just given it a test drive and we love it – its now BACK up on the wall at Arcade Punks HQ, with some tinsel wrapped around, a quick coat of White paint on the frame and a sprinkle of Red Glitter whilst the paint dries ensures a lovely Christmassy finish….
Firstly would like to apologise, I intended to get straight onto this the day after Halloween, the truth is, I didn’t manage to do anything until the 1st of December, due to work and family commitments, so nothing is as polished as I would like it to be – all the animations, sequences and images are created/ripped by me and are not pre supplied images like the previous project, I would loved some better HD copy of “The Snowman” but alas that was the truest HD rip available, and on a 60″ Wall mounted portrait it dont look clean enough….. Maybe Im over-compensating with such a big …. portrait….
In the New Year I will be creating more add-ons, you will still need the original Scare Portrait and all will be easily available like this one (a simple set of scripts to put into your scripts folder from the old install on your PC, then a quick update and away you go ….) – if you see an add-on you don’t like, then don’t use it – you wont need to have previous add-ons in order to use new ones, but you will always need the main base (scary portrait).
Thanks for putting up with me guys! – HermanMunster
- Download the set of scripts
- Extract the scripts to your original Pi Scare Portrait Scripts folder
- Ensure your Scare Portrait is switched on and connected to the internet
- Run the “xmas-downloader” script, this will download everything to the Pi (this could take a while to download everything depending on internet traffic!)
- The Pi will reboot and the “xmas-1” set will be displaying on the portrait
- Run any of the scripts to change the theme (xmas-1, xmas-2, xmas-3, xmas-4, or, xmas-5)
Note you will need the Scare Portrait pack, installed on your Pi with the Motion Sensor (more details on the original post here)
Latest posts by Arcade Punk (see all)
- 170gb Fully Loaded PSX Classic USB Pack from Anomoly – “The Loaded One” - March 23, 2019
- 38gb Shoot ’em Ups PSX Classic USB pack from Old Chicago Gameroom - March 22, 2019
- 2tb Origins – Original Xbox Fully Loaded Front End - March 18, 2019