The ever retiring Virtualman claims this is it 100% the last one – there’s an image coming to end all images and its his last one (blah blah blah, we heard this soooooo many times off sooooo many people). Before that image is THIS BASE ONLY VERSION (with no ROMs) – the main image to be released around Easter Time.
WHAT IS PLAYBOX ALL ABOUT
– This is a net new V2.0 (Final Round) of a net new evolution image rebuilt form the from ground up Playbox/Raspberry Pi based image!
– Clean Raspbian Stretch OS
– Clean Retropie Added
– Clean Retroarch
– Clean Kernel/Firmware
– Clean Frontends (EmulationStation & Attractmode)
– New unique scripts and enhanced scripts
– New Custom Rpiemenu
– Burn image to SD or to a HDD directly and it will boot automatically with your Raspberry Pi without SD card.
– Note: HDD won’t auto expand like it does for SD cards so follow these steps
– Full of hidden content gems/games to discover!
– Emphasis on CD content and quality systems and games.
– QA lots of hours testing and troubleshooting. Weed out the games that don’t boot at all… no one can guarantee games will all work, however people need to lower there expectations when dealing with SBC (Small Board Computer) running open source technologies.
– But lots of time has been put into testing 98% of all systems/games and validating artwork/xml etc…
– Customized and optimized to give you all the best Retro-Gaming experience ever!
– Please review PLAYBOX PDF to give you all an introduction to amazing amount of work 2Play! has put together to make our life easier as builders and retro-gamers alike.
– Playbox/2Play! Discord Server: https://discord.gg/ZeGCBdm
– Release notes & support: Virtualmans “TapTap” forum
Latest posts by Arcade Punk (see all)
- New Raspberry Pi 4 B – Retro Gaming and Comparison Chart - June 24, 2019
- Teknoparrot Emulator Brings Fully Working Transformer Human Alliance - June 24, 2019
- 200gb Supreme Unified Ultra (Plus ‘ROMless’ 8gb lite version!) - June 23, 2019