Hyperspin Attraction, a is sure as shizzle snowballing! Getting bigger and faster by the minute, this Update 2 pack from the MotleyKru is a real beasting! A real credit to all involved to see this Attract Mode for PC Hyperspin-look-a-like on the roll!
HyperSpin focus was always arcade systems so the philosophy was a little different when consoles were added later. The aesthetic favoured default system themes to fill the gap until someone created game themes. What you will find here, as expected, is the same regarding consoles. Game themes if they are available. If not a game will use replicas of the original HyperSpin default system themes with video snap and boxart.
The extra arcade games and systems added have close relation to user feedback and suggestions. Laserdisc games were asked a few times, Tekken series also. Naomi 2 and Taito Type X were included for the challenge; recovering in the process past great work done by alexdc22 and gigapig for the original HS and expand on that.
If you want to talk, help with anything or just hang around, we opened a discord here: https://discord.gg/fEFT6F77Bn
– This update is planned to work on top of HyperSpin Attraction base build + update 1
– Arcade PC boards based systems like Taito Type X need special launchers to work so if you get any antivirus warning, disregard it as false positive or add it to your AV exception list.
HyperSpin Attraction base: https://www.arcadepunks.com/
HyperSpin Attraction update 1: https://www.arcadepunks.com/
Drag the contents inside the archive to the root of “HyperSpin Attraction” directory and overwrite all files when asked.
Info about the update:
– New ‘HyperSpin Attraction.exe’ build file to fix bugs and add improvements to animations and others.
– Layouts programming by Yaron2019.
– New default system themes by Yaron2019.
– Inertia animation module by Oomek.
– New HyperSpin Attraction logo (and edited intro video) by john
– New, made especially for this build, wall manufacturers themes by john. If you prefer the old style, you can find the cab versions in: menu-art\themes\hyperspin classic
– New/Updated HyperSpin themes, including: Gunbird 2, Oriental Legend 2, Space Bomber, Tengai.
– New bezels made especially for this build by alexdc22, including: Chase H.Q. 2, The King of Fighters XIII Climax, Wacky Races, Wild Riders, among others.
– New Controls main menu image and Credits main menu video by smithis.
– Layout options hotkey controller button for easy access.
– Some videos reencodes.
– Global build configuration tweaks.
– Master romlist tweaks.
– RocketLauncher tweaks and extra art assets for Pause menu.
– Custom controller profiles for Taito Type X games.
– New custom collections: Castlevania, Contra, Mario, Mega Man, Metroid, Pac-Man, R-Type, The Legend of Zelda.
– 349 new games added!:
• Arcade (30 extra games)
– Extra systems:
• Sega Naomi 2 (5 games)
• Taito Type X (7 games)
• Laserdisc (includes Daphne and American Laser Games) (5 games)
• Nintendo Entertainment System (50 games)
• Sega Master System (20 games)
• NEC PC-Engine / TurboGrafx-16 (30 games)
• Sega Genesis / Mega Drive (100 games)
• Super Nintendo Entertainment System / Super Famicom (100 games)
• 2 easter eggs / 2 hidden games
Taito Type X
If you didn’t made it yet, it’s recommended to have installed the windows dependencies in:
-Microsoft .NET Framework 4
– Chase H.Q. 2
If you don’t see game videos or Nancy, install the WM9 codecs (wmv9VCMsetup) included in the game folder.
These games take a little more time to boot due to network check and a setting to make them playable even when offline (arcade cabs, for example).Extra details:
– Save/load states for the five console systems directly available through Pause Menu with multiple slots.
– More per game backgrounds, artwork, manuals, videos and ambient music for the new systems available in Pause Menu.
Since its original release the base, update 1 + update 2 , have been repacked for a September 2021 release as seen HERE
Highly advise using USENET (NZB) to download this, it’ll come SCREAMING down your line if you use one of our approved UseNet suppliers – see this page for more information. Note if your usenet (nzb) client is claiming there is a password then you need to use a different client – we DO NOT share password protected archives unless otherwise informed.
If using torrent we highly recommend using TIXATI on larger images as can handle large chunks BIGGER and FASTER!!