Hyperspin Attraction, a is sure as shizzle snowballing! Getting bigger and faster by the minute, this Update 3 pack from the MotleyKru is the biggest and best on yet!
Another major team effort. Everyone contributes and helps, balancing real life with our will to make this build experience better and better with time. Update 3 introduces some considerable changes and improvements at the front and inner workings. Major code re-writing, computer systems were added, new wheel by Oomek, smart themes and new favorites system by Yaron2019, Doom collection by john that showcase some great mods, months of testing by voltron and smithis, the list could go on and on. You can find more details below.
If you want to talk, help with anything or just hang around, our discord: https://discord.gg/
Have fun and read carefully the instructions and technical notes.
– This update is planned to work on top of HyperSpin Attraction base build + update 1 & 2
HyperSpin Attraction base: https://www.arcadepunks.
HyperSpin Attraction update 1: https://www.arcadepunks.
HyperSpin Attraction update 2: https://www.arcadepunks.
OR If you dont yet have Hyperspin attraction then WHY NOT DOWNLOAD THE SEPTEMBER REPACK BASE+UPDATE 1+UPDATE 2 – Alll in one @ https://www.arcadepunks.com/hyperspin-attraction-september-2021-repack-base-update-12/
Drag the contents inside the archive to the root of “HyperSpin Attraction” directory and overwrite all files when asked.
– Many capabilities have been added to update #3 of the HyperSpin Attraction build and one of the most important features is Smart Themes.
Up until now, all non-video system themes were hardcoded. Smart themes changes all of that as it allows users to easily create their own system and even per-game themes by using a very simple yet powerful script. The key feature is that smart theme creators don’t need to deal with complex code and instead are focused on setting basic parameters that really matter to them like position and size of art objects and applying special animations and effects. We have also written a pretty simple dev guide to help you get started.
With smart themes we have substantially upped the game, transforming HyperSpin Attraction from a build into a content creation platform.
– New original system and game smart themes (check Commodore Amiga for 3 game smart themes examples)!
– New Favorites system, sound and animation
– New Wheel by Oomek, faster and smoother than the old one!
– New Random Game Navigator plugin
– Multiple code optimizations
– Emulators tweaks
– Master romlist tweaks
– Pause menu global scrolling descriptions enabled
– Pause menu Hi Scores updated
– Global build configuration tweaks
– Doom collection by john
– New themes by john, including: Blade of Agony, Doom Collection, Guncaster, Super Pacman, Trackball, Vulkan Venture and Zombies Ate My Neighbors
– New bezels by alexdc22, including: Battle Fantasia, Dragon Dance, Dream Raiders, Sega Golden Gun and Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Arcade
– New Add/Remove favourite icons by Boz1978
– RocketLauncher tweaks and extra art assets for Pause menu
– New custom collections: Doom, Mr. Do, Trackball
– 312 new games added!:
• Arcade (10 extra games)
• Laserdisc (3 extra games)
• Sega Model 3 (2 extra games)
• Sega Naomi (5 extra games)
• Taito Type X (4 extra games)
• Nintendo Entertainment System (20 extra games)
– New systems:
• Sega RingWide (3 games)
• Atari 8-bit (20 games)
• Sinclair ZX Spectrum (25 games)
• Commodore 64 (50 games)
• Microsoft MSX / MSX2 (10 games)
• Commodore Amiga (100 games)
• Sharp X68000 (25 games)
• Microsoft MS-DOS (13 games)
• ScummVM (5 games)
• Doom (17 games)
— Sega Model 3 —
– Ski Champ
To bypass the initial board test warning = press right thumb stick button
— Arcade PC boards (Sega RingWide, Taito Type X) —
. Disregard any possible Anti-Virus warning as false positive.
. On first launch you might see a normal network related message. Accept for local network.
. It’s recommended to have installed the windows dependencies in:
Microsoft .NET Framework 4
— Computer Systems —
. Check Pause Menu for controller mappings for each system, especially due to some games needing to use the virtual keyboard to start or other functions.
— Sharp X68000 —
. If for some reason a game stops launching, try deleting this file: emulators\RetroArch\system\
– Akumajou Dracula:
On first menu that appears, select the first option = 1. X68000.
Game will load after a few seconds.
If instruction to change disk appears, open emulator menu with LT, change disk in floppy slot 1 with Disk 3 located in same directory.
— Microsoft MS-DOS —
. 4K monitor resolution bezel scaling
In case the overlay doesn’t scale automatic to your computer monitor, change the custom values inside: emulators\RetroArch\config\
custom_viewport_height = “1920”
custom_viewport_width = “2560”
custom_viewport_x = “640”
custom_viewport_y = “114”
– Syndicate Wars:
Press Right Thumb button on controller or F8 on keyboard when mission start to change resolution and speed of game
— Sinclair ZX Spectrum —
. If you have Controller Companion running in the background sometimes that can cause bugs with the controls.
By default they are mapped to use a controller simulating a Kempston joystick. With an Xbox 360/One controller you will need to use the “back”/”select” button to call the virtual keyboard to choose in the games main menu the “Kempston joystick” option. Say, for example, that a game shows press “3” for Kempston, in the virtual keyboard go to that key and press “B” in the controller. Then do the same for starting the games (“press P”, “press S”, etc., to start) or, in some cases like Chuckie Egg 2 where you need to press any key to get to the main menu.