Hyperspin Attraction update 4 is here, possibly the sexiest yet! – The MotleyKru have brought on LOADS of new systems, extras, more media, enhanced pause and MUCH more.
Balance between real life and a hobby like this can be a hard task as we all know. Then we have Covid in the mix, something that was always present since the first release of this build and goal of trying to help dealing with it and related lockdowns. It was a rather innocent release at the time. Further along the road, all this is still a reality and for a small team like ours it can make things take longer than expected or even make casualties happen because real life is always more important. Family, jobs, health, other interests…
Update 4 is another major release. A big focus is the new disc based systems included but there’s way more than that on it as you can read below. More impressive code magic by Yaron, great art done by john and alexdc22, lots of testing done by voltron, support by mryoung, you name it. Smart themes have really come into their own now, Arcade MAME has been updated to version 0.239, nice details like the initial startup wheel animation… We could be here all day. We hope you all enjoy it so have fun and read carefully the information, instructions and technical notes below.
If you want to talk, help with anything or just hang around, our discord: https://discord.gg/
– This update is planned to work on top of HyperSpin Attraction base build + update 1, 2, 3 & 3.1
– If you have edited anything or have a custom/personal HA setup, backup it first. This is made to work on default, clean updates released by us so we can’t be responsible if your personal setup breaks in the process.
HyperSpin Attraction base: https://www.arcadepunks.
HyperSpin Attraction update 1: https://www.arcadepunks.
HyperSpin Attraction update 2: https://www.arcadepunks.
OR If you dont yet have Hyperspin Attraction then WHY NOT DOWNLOAD THE REPACK BASE+UPDATE 1+UPDATE 2 – Alll in one @ https://www.arcadepunks.com/
HyperSpin Attraction update 3: https://www.arcadepunks.
Drag the contents inside the archive to the root of “HyperSpin Attraction” directory and overwrite all files when asked.
– Main Menu now supports smart themes!
– Smart themes code now easily adapt to both 4×3 and Full Screen modes!
– Main menu now supports dedicated full music tracks for all systems and collections!
– Added a Recently Played category to the main menu wheel!
– Vertical screens are now supported through 4×3 screen mode!
– Smart themes are now used by default. Video themes will be used if no smart theme is available.
– Smart themes now support Alt background textures for full screen modes.
– Game snap video objects now support two level colored frames that automatically match the snap’s position, size and animations.
– Added new ‘Jump’ Animation for smart objects.
– Global favorites system now auto backs-up your favorite games romlist and can recreate the favorites list if it had gone bad.
– Main Menu and Settings screens now load faster.
– Minor bug fixes.
– New smart themes for Main menu.
– New smart themes for Games and Systems.
– Enabled Save State screenshots on Pause Menu
– Fill screen 16:9 and 4:3 settings switches
– Modern bezels disable settings switch
– Better force aspect ratio implementation when disabling bezels
– Lock/Unlock Arcade settings switches removed
– Extra Pointers
– Master romlist updated
– Genre filters updated
– Extra technical information for a few systems in help_faqs
– attract.cfg updated
– New custom collections: Recently Played, Role Playing, Spinner, Twin Sticks (video walls and logos by john), Bubble Bobble (video and logo by john), Donkey Kong (logo by john), Samurai Shodown, Sonic (logo by john)
– 75 new games added!:
• Arcade (16 extra games)
• Sega Naomi (1 extra game)
• Taito Type X (1 extra game)
• NEC PC Engine (5 extra games)
– New systems:
• NEC PC Engine-CD / TurboGrafx-CD (3 games)
• Sega CD (3 games)
• Sega Saturn (3 games)
• Sony PlayStation (3 games)
• Nintendo 64 (15 games)
• Sega Dreamcast (10 games)
• Nintendo GameCube (3 games)
• Sony PlayStation 2 (3 games)
• Nintendo Wii (3 games)
• Sony PlayStation 3 (3 games)
• Nintendo Wii U (3 games)
– Updated video walls and logos by john for: All Games, Beat ‘Em Up, Favourites, Fighting, Kaneko, Nintendo, Platform, Puzzle, Racing, Recently Played, Run & Gun, Shoot ‘Em Ups, Sports, Toaplan, Trackball, Williams
– Lots of extra content to explore and discover
– Save/Load states functionality for: Commodore 64, Commodore Amiga, Microsoft MS-DOS, Microsoft MSX, NEC PC Engine, NEC PC Engine-CD, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Entertainment System, Nintendo GameCube, Nintendo Wii, Sega CD, Sega Genesis, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Master System, Sega Saturn, Sinclair ZX Spectrum, Sony PlayStation, Sony PlayStation 2, Super Nintendo Entertainment System
– Arcade MAME emulator updated to version 0.239
– Romset updated to 0.239
– New themes by john for: Black Widow, Missing in Action, Ms Pac Man Twin, Mustache Boy, P-47 Aces, Psycho Soldier, Storm Blade, Up’n Down
– Updated/edited themes by john for: Super Punch-Out and Toy Land Adventure
– New/updated bezels by alexdc22 for:
Act-Fancer, Alex Kidd, Armored Warriors, Astyanax, Avenging Spirit, Bayroute, Big Karnak, Biomechanical Toy, Bionic Commando, Blue’s Journey, Black Tiger, Blade Master, Bonk’s Adventure, Bucky O’Hare, Captain America and The Avengers, Captain Commando, Charlie Ninja, China Gate, Caveman Ninja, Crime City, Cyber-Lip, Demon’s World, DJ Boy, Demon Front, Eightman, Elevator Action, Elevator Action Returns, E-Swat, Final Fight, Gang Wars, Ghosts’n Goblins, Gunforce, Haunted Castle, Hook, J. J. Squawkers, Karnov, Ken-Go, Kid Niki, Knights of the Round, King of Dragons, Legend of Heroes, Legionnaire, Liquid Kids, Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Cat Adventure, Magician Lord, Marvel Land, Metal Slug, Metal Slug 2 Turbo, Metal Slug 3, Metal Slug 4, Metal Slug 5, Metal Slug X, Mega Twins, Midnight Resistance, Michael Jackson’s Moonwalker, Mystic Warriors, Nemo, Oriental Legend, Osman, P.O.W., Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon, Psycho-Nics Oscar, PuLiRuLa, Rainbow Islands, Rastan, Riding Fight, Robocop 2, Rohga Armor Force, Rolling Thunder, Rolling Thunder 2, Rygar, Secret Agent, Shadow Dancer, Shadow Force, Shadowland, Shinobi, Spin Master, Sunset Riders, Strider, TeddyBoy Blues, TH Strikes Back, The NewZealand Story, The Ninja Kids, Three Wonders, Thunder Fox, Thunder Hoop, Toki, Top Hunter, Trojan, Vendetta, Wild West C.O.W.-Boys of Moo Mesa, Zero Team 2000
– Override transitions by john: Donkey Kong II, Mikie, Popeye
– Configuration controls updates: Alien 3, Jurassic Park, Lethal Enforcers, Lethal Enforcers, Operation Thunderbolt, Operation Wolf, Turkey Shoot
– Cheats disabled by default to avoid conflicts
– Dynamite Dux rom fix
Sega Model 2
– Updated games lua scripts for widescreen option
– Dynamic Cop video theme fix
– Pause Menu Marquees artwork by PaCiFiKbAllA
– New theme by john for: House of the Dead 2
– Pause Menu Marquees artwork by PaCiFiKbAllA
Taito Type X
– Smart theme for: Exception
– Bezel by alexdc22 for: Exception
– Chase H.Q. 2 Jconfig update
– Crimzon Clover video theme update
– Wacky Races JoyToKey profile and Jconfig updates
– Transformers Human Alliance override transition by john
Nintendo Entertainment System
– Updates to romlist by Unfetteredmight
Sega Master System
– New default Smart Theme
– Bezels updates by alexdc22 for: Master of Darkness, Ninja Gaiden
NEC PC Engine
– Bezels updates by alexdc22 for: Bonk III – Bonk’s Big Adventure, Bonk’s Adventure, Bonk’s Revenge, Legendary Axe, Legendary Axe II
NEC PC Engine-CD
– Smart theme for: Akumajou Dracula X – Chi no Rondo
– Bezel by alexdc22 for: Akumajou Dracula X – Chi no Rondo
– Bezels updates by alexdc22 for: Adventures of Batman & Robin, Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle, Alien Soldier, Alisia Dragoon, Castle of Illusion, Castlevania – Bloodlines, Chakan, Comix Zone, Contra – Hard Corps, Dynamite Headdy, El. Viento, Golden Axe II, Golden Axe III, Gunstar Heroes, Kid Chameleon, Mega Turrican, Monster World IV, Revenge of Shinobi, RoboCop versus The Terminator, Rocket Knight Adventures, Shadow Dancer, Shinobi III, Sonic & Knuckles, Sparkster, Splatterhouse 2, Splatterhouse 3, Streets of Rage, Streets of Rage 2, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles – The Hyperstone Heist
– Smart theme for: Keio Flying Squadron
Super Nintendo Entertainment System
– Theme update for: Super Mario World
– Bezels updates by alexdc22 for: ActRaiser, Contra III, Demon’s Crest, Donkey Kong Country, Donkey Kong Country 2, Donkey Kong Country 3, DoReMi Fantasy, Hagane, Indiana Jones, Iron Commando, Magical Pop’n, Majuu Ou, Super Castlevania IV, Super Ghouls’n Ghosts, Super Metroid, Super Turrican, Super Turrican 2
– Smart theme for: Legend of Oasis
– Smart theme for: Vagrant Story
– Smart themes for: ChuChu Rocket!, Jet Set Radio, Record of Lodoss War, Sturmwind
Sony PlayStation 2
– Smart theme for: Contra: Shattered Soldier
– Bezel by alexdc22 for: Contra: Shattered Soldier
– Smart theme for: Muramasa: The Demon Blade
– Default bezel by alexdc22
Sony PlayStation 3
– Smart theme for: Dragon’s Crown
Nintendo Wii U
– Smart themes for: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Nano Assault Neo
– Default smart theme update for 16:9 ratio
– Bezels updates by alexdc22 for: Trolls, Turrican, Turrican II, Turrican III, Wolfchild, Zool
– Rocketlauncher user function to fix random black screen RetroArch issue
– Bezels updates by alexdc22 for: Aquales, Buster, Genocide 2, Mad Stalker: Full Metal Forth, Silkroad: Legend of Gero
– Bezel by alexdc22 for: Lollypop
– Zombies Ate My Neighbors mod update
As usual, consider any anti virus warning related to arcade pc boards (Taito Type X and similar) as false positive
Taito Type X
– If you get an error on launching, try making the game executable (collections\Taito Type X\roms\Exception\game.exe) run in Windows 7 compatibility mode.
– If you use a different resolution than 1080p, for the game to fill your screen and bezel, replace the game.exe with correspondent one located inside here:
collections\Taito Type X\roms\Exception\_HDEXEs
Nintendo GameCube & Nintendo Wii
– If Nintendo GameCube or Nintendo Wii crashes at launch that could be related to your video card not supporting OpenGL
– Click Dolphin.exe in emulators\Nintendo GameCube & Wii
– Go to Options
– Go to Graphics Settings
– Backend chose Direct3D
– Adapter leave it Default
– Close emu
Sony PlayStation 3
– The first time you run any game the emulator will need to compile modules and shaders related to your computer architecture. Just wait and let it do its thing. It’s a one time situation per game.
If you want to delete those cache files later you can find them here: collections\Sony PlayStation 3\roms\- cache
– If you notice graphical issues, emulator crashes and similar, try changing your GPU renderer. Open the emulator, configuration, GPU. You can choose between OpenGL and Vulkan.
Nintendo Wii U
– Vulkan API enabled by default for faster performance. If your Graphic Card doesn’t support it, change to OpenGL.
Open: emulators\Nintendo Wii U\Cemu.exe
General Settings -> Graphics -> Graphics API -> OpenGL
– Completed save games have been added where possible.
All save files are stored at:
.\collections\Nintendo Wii U\_mlc\usr\save\00050000
Dummy files containing game names have been added to this folder to allow for easier save editing.
Clean redundant files:
– You can find a .bat file here: help_faqs\_backups
It does what it says. Cleans files that aren’t used anymore after update 4