Recently WildPumpk1n dropped his Vertiwild Vertical fully loaded pack for the PC, now he has gone and done it all over again for the Raspberry Pi – and to be perfectly honest…. ITS FUCKING AWESOME, its the one you have been waiting for!
Version 1.6 is demonstrated here in the very sexy accent of WildPumpk1n (Yes he is THAT dreamy!!) …
VertiWild V1.6 for Raspberry PI 3 – Attract-mode : attract from retropie – Mame 2003 Plus & FBA – 2019-04-15 Build revision : Final (f)
First thing, thanks for downloading this build. I hope you will enjoy it.
– Compatible Raspberry PI3B & PI3B+
– Retroarch is 1.7.5
– 16GB build
– Retropie Stretch
– Attract-mode clean install
– 21 Manufacturers sections
– Around 792 games
– Playable in 9/16 and 3/4 (love it)
– Lot of classical marquee
– Closed to have all flyers
– Medias add-on in attractmode\menu-art\arcade\boxart & **\fanart
– ShutDown and reboot in Retropie Menu
– If you prefer Emulation Station, you can use it. I didnt have the time to correct the ComicBook theme but there is media 🙂
This build was made for Vertical games playing under Mame & FBA
1 – To configure your input :
Plug your keyboard.
Attract mode need to configure your gamepad.
But for this, you have to go with a Keyboard.
** You can try with your pad (I left my configuration so it should work) **
If not, press TAB on the Keyboard
– Go to Control
– Move with the arrows keys and press Enter for validate.
– Add Input for each one you desire. You should follow mine cause the layout flyer dont move as usual)
2 – Retroarch :
As i’m not sure it will works out of the box, go to RETROPIE menu with the Flyer wheel.
** Wait for Restart **
In EmulationStation, configure your pad or stick as usual.
– If it not ask you to configure it, with your keyboard press ENTER
– Move to CONFIGURE INPUT with the arrow Keys and press Q (W is for cancel)
– Add your pad as usual.
Test in a game if it Works.
If needed Go to RETROPIE and select RETROARCH
– Go to Settings and Input.
– Bind your pad.
Go back and don’t forget to SAVE the CONFIGURATION
Go to RETROPIE menu and Select Attract-mode to restart to it.
I used for ES the ComicBook theme, i didn’t have the time to work on a personnal theme.
Maybe for the next update.
3 – Bezel/Artwork configuration.
I made few bezels for this build.
You can find it in /configs/all/retroarch/overlay/vertical
° Vertiwild54 & vert_screen_bezel_54 are made for 5/4 in tate mode. They works in full screen.
° You can adjust video size with custom size for 16/9 screen.
4 – Favorites :
Yes, there are Favorites for the section “Arcade Classics” (All the games on this build)
° You select a games to add in the “Arcade Classics” section with ‘a’ key (You can edit it in the control configuration)&(QWERTY keyboard, adjust for yours)
And you will find it in the Favorites section.
I didnt have the time to make it work for other section as Attract mode work with tag files from each display.
If you have any idea how i can do for the next update, let me know 🙂
5 -Trouble to rotate your screen
sudo nano /boot/config.txt
Add one of these to the bottom:
display_rotate=1 90 degrees
display_rotate=2 180 degrees
// NOTE: You can rotate both the image and touch interface 180º by entering lcd_rotate=2 instead
display_rotate=3 270 degrees
display_rotate=0x10000 horizontal flip
display_rotate=0x20000 vertical flip
6 – 4/3 or 16/9 screen?
In \\Your.Ip.address.here\configs\all\retroarch\config\MAME 2003-Plus
And \\Your.Ip.address.here\configs\all\retroarch\config\FB Alpha
You will find few files.
FB Alpha – 43 Screen.cfg
FB Alpha – 169 Screen.cfg
MAME 2003-Plus – 43 Screen.cfg
MAME 2003-Plus – 169 Screen.cfg
In the 43 and 169 files.cfg you will find the (normally) correct games screen position with the Overlay.
Just open the shortest file (that the one who is read by retroarch) and open in another window the one who represent your screen (16/9 or 4/3)
Copy and Paste the text from the 43 screen.cfg or 169 screen.cfg to the one who is read by retroarch (MAME 2003-Plus.cfg or FB Alpha.cfg)
7 – Layout arcade cab option
But i’m not good enough to be proud of this but i want to share it too 🙂
In Attract mode you can select different cab from the menu.
Select Arcade for the main menu
Select Cab Skin –> You can select an other one
Latest posts by Arcade Punk (see all)
- 32gb Retro Computers Image “Neon” from DZ – not your usual Pi Image! - May 21, 2019
- 2tb Origins – Original Xbox Fully Loaded Front End - May 19, 2019
- 32gb Pi Boy Image for Raspberry Pi – RecalBox - May 15, 2019